GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hi- My PPI story so far - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi- My PPI story so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi- My PPI story so far

I would just like to say hello and I am glad that I have found this forum.
    I started my PPI claim journey in December 2012.
    That was for a First Plus loan my husband and I took out in 2001. The loan was a secured mortgage and we were told at the time to secure the loan we had to take out the payment protection. After several months of being given the run around with no one taking responsibility for the loan, I sent the whole complaint to the FOS in January 2013. It is still with them awaiting an adjudicator. I think I will be waiting another year for a resolution yo that one.

Unbelievably, I still wasn't too aware of the PPI mis- selling scandal. I obviously heard all about it in the news but did not think any of it related to me. Then a chap told me about his successful claim against Tesco loan and then the bells rang in my head.

So, I tested the water and rang RBS as I was paying off a Mint credit card. They told me I used to have Ppi on the card until they cancelled it in 2010. The lady asked me a few more questions and it seemed the clincher was that I took the card out when I was in my 3rd year at university and was working part time less than 16 hours a week. The lady said I would hear from them within 8 weeks. I received a letter the following week telling me that I would be receiving redress of £11k! I was gobsmacked. That was at the beginning of February this year.

Then I started looking at all internet chatter regarding the mis-selling if payment protection insurance. I realised that I had a case for mis-sold ppi with
    Egg card- pre ticked internet forms
    Monsoon store card and
    Next Directory.

Monsoon who are owned by Santander have demonstrated what a satanistic bank they are. The form was pre ticked by the sales assistant back in 1997. I was told the insurance was for claiming the difference between full price and sale items. Nothing was mentioned about sickness, employment etc. My claim was rejected by Santander as expected. I wrote to CEO.it was rejected again. So the next letter is going to Genworth who were the underwriters.

Egg card- I wrote to Canada Square Operations. They rejected my complaint. I wrote to them last week stating that they have already been punished for inappropriate sales techniques I.e pre ticked online applications. So waiting for their response.

Next Directory. Haven't tackled that one yet, as I understand they are extremely difficult and may require going to court.
    Anyway that's my story so far.

Re: Hi- My PPI story so far

Good luck keep the fight going never give up as they will lie through there teeth, it took me 3.5 years and the FOS to get my redress from the co-op bank

Comment

Welcome and well done. If you look in the reclaiming section where you see battles and successes. It takes some perseverance but Genworth do pay up in the end. Good luck with you claims.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Welcome to AAD from me too, I've moved your thread to the Reclaiming section
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi and welcome

We are here to help in any way we can, and as Cym says Genworth are pretty lenient, let us know if you need help on the letter/wording etc.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Di30 you say that Genworth are fairly lenient, I really hope so as I really don't want to submit another claim to the FOS for it to be buried for a year or two.
            With regards to my letter to Genworth, I wasn't going to do a full blown tirade. Done that with CEO letter. I was going to just enclose copies of all my correspondence so far and basically state to them that as the underwriters they had a duty or responsibility to ensure that the product sold to me was suitable for my needs. Which it wasn't because I was told the purpose of the insurance was for something completely different. Nothing was mentioned about employment, existing medical conditions etc.

What do you all think I should write in the letter? Has anyone ever written to Genworth or any other underwriter?

If so, did you have any success?

Comment

Originally posted by imeverywoman View Post
              Thanks everyone. Di30 you say that Genworth are fairly lenient, I really hope so as I really don't want to submit another claim to the FOS for it to be buried for a year or two.
              With regards to my letter to Genworth, I wasn't going to do a full blown tirade. Done that with CEO letter. I was going to just enclose copies of all my correspondence so far and basically state to them that as the underwriters they had a duty or responsibility to ensure that the product sold to me was suitable for my needs. Which it wasn't because I was told the purpose of the insurance was for something completely different. Nothing was mentioned about employment, existing medical conditions etc.

What do you all think I should write in the letter? Has anyone ever written to Genworth or any other underwriter?

If so, did you have any success?
              Hi

I have sent you pm's x

Comment

Di's letters to Genworth are a very good starting point
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                  Di's letters to Genworth are a very good starting point
                  LOL thank you x

Comment

Hi Guys and gals. I apologise for nor replying to recent posts and private messages from Di30. Thank you for a copy of the letter you sent Di. I will copy the flow and gist of the letter and tweak it to my purposes if that's ok with you.
                    I've had a busy week. A cousin of mine died suddenly last weekend. We thought he was making full recovery from a spinal tumour he had 2 years ago. Then he suddenly developed bleeding in the brain last week and passed away at the weekend. He was only 29. Everyone is devastated. So I've been doing a lot if driving to the airport to pick people up. Last thing on my mind has been greedy bankers.
                    Any way this week got 2 letters.
                    First from Financial Ombudsman. My first plus loan was sold to 2 companies. Both have dissolved before 2005. Nothing more FOS can do. Really p...d off about that.

The second letter from Canada Square Operations responding to my indignation letter to their first "we didn't mis-sell you " final response. They basically said in one sentence Our decision remains the same. So p... off.
                    Ummm.
                    So that's going to the FOS.
                    Man these Financial institutions are tricky and nasty little buggers aren't they?
                    Doesn't matter I'm in no rush and I know I'm in the right so I have nothing to lose.

Comment

Hi, I'm very sorry to hear about your cousin, a terrible time for you and your family and I send you my deepest sympathy and best wishes. Have you tried the CEO of Canada Square as I have found tha temails to the CEO seem to have gained most success with my claims.

Comment

Hi
                        I tried the CEO with Santander and that just ended with a big fat no as well. That's why I'm going for the underwriters of the store card.

Comment

Yes, they were the only ones to pay out with my store card.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in replying and oh I am so sorry for the loss of your cousin, how hard it must be for you and your family and at such a young age, I lost my bro in law when he was 28 years old of Leaukemia and we did think he was going to be okay, life can be so cruel at times can it!

Honey, yes please so use and tweak that suits you, and I do hope it works for you.

I am sending my condolences, love and hugs XXX

Comment

Working...
                            X