GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lloyds TSB Claim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lloyds TSB Claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds TSB Claim

Good morning.

I have a similar situation to the above. I have a loan with Lloyd's which they have acknowledged mis sold ppi on and sent a letter saying I will receive a cheque within 28 days for 2.2 k. I phoned them and asked them to do a BACS transfer into my Natwest account (I no longer have a Lloyd's account) they have set this up and advised again payment will be made within 28 days.

I am struggling to get too excited as I defaulted on this loan some years ago and have not made a payment against it for a while. My question is, what are the chances this money will be paid to me? It has been confirmed twice I will get it, but I am not so sure. It would be great to use this on some other debt I have.

Many thanks

Re: Lloyds TSB PPI

Hi & welcome

itll go to you if they've said it will. Can you clarify, are you saying your loan is defaulted and you're worried that they'll set-off the refund against the loan debt?

When did you last pay into the loan? Did you do a ppi reclaim or did they write to you proactively?

if this has been sold to a dca the refund MUST go to you. They have no right to give it to a third party (the dca).

in any case I'd just shut up now and see what they do, do. Don't hassle them or owt. If it arrives it's just sorted your Xmas
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Lloyds TSB Claim

Hi Mackaavfc and welcome to AAD, I have moved your post to it's own thread for more replies and views.

I moved your post from this thread -- > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...Lloyds-TSB-PPI

IF
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Re: Lloyds TSB PPI

Thanks for the reply. They proactively chased me. I last made a payment over 12 months ago, but I have not been chased by either a DCA or Lloyd's for 6 months. Just seems to good to be true that they are going to pay me out over 2 grand when I still owe them 4k.
        Last edited by Mackaavfc; 24 November 2013, 11:55.

Comment

Well as I say, sit tight & leave them alone. Let's see what happens as they may well refund you directly.

My mate is a manager who deals with these for LTSB, I could always have a word....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes, I would just sit tight and see what happens. One of the personal loans that I got money back for was a joint loan with my husband. They forwarded his share of the PPI refund to the Insolvency practitioner as my husband was declared bankrupt, but they told us pretty quickly that they were doing this. Hopefully if they haven't stated otherwise they will send the money to you. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Working...
            X