GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Royal Bank of Scotland claim advice needed plz - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Royal Bank of Scotland claim advice needed plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Bank of Scotland claim advice needed plz

Hiya, i sent a letter to RBS asking for details of my loan and the loan agreement and any ppi details. I do not have account number or anything. I simply got my dredit report from credit exoert and have gone from that.

RBS have replied saying that they cant locate the info i asked forand that i will need to provide account number.... What do i do?

The loan was started: 05/05/2005 and settled 05/05/2008 (i sent them these dates along with my date of birth)

The letter i sent them was a letter a downloaded from martins money tips:

I am writing to request a copy of my original loan agreement with xxxxx. If the original loan agreement does not include details of the insurance added to the account, such as the number and cost of any monthly payments or any lump sum fees and interest charges applicable to this fee, please attach or advise how I can get access to this information.

I look forward to your response within 40 days, as is obliged under the Data Protection Act 1998. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.

I never sent any payment.

Re: Royal Bank of Scotland claim advice needed plz

Try this-----> Subject Access (SAR) - Advanced Request

Don't forget to enclose the fee of £10.00
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hey, thanks for your reply. The response letter i got was from the SAR team. They havenet ticked the box that asks for the £10. Will they still charge if they cant find the info?

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
      Try this-----> Subject Access (SAR) - Advanced Request

Don't forget to enclose the fee of £10.00

Comment

Rachel

Depends. Some do some dont. Some give you information without even cashing the cheque/PO.

Its a real lottery but you cant request the data without the fee.

They cant wriggle that they aint got information as they should have kept it. Its no gone 6 years yet since the loan ended.

If this fails then a CEO complaint is next. Am sure we can guide you through that.

Comment

Thank you! Will post today and keep you updated

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
          Rachel

Depends. Some do some dont. Some give you information without even cashing the cheque/PO.

Its a real lottery but you cant request the data without the fee.

They cant wriggle that they aint got information as they should have kept it. Its no gone 6 years yet since the loan ended.

If this fails then a CEO complaint is next. Am sure we can guide you through that.

Comment

Hiya

If it was a loan and your still with the same bank where you paid the direct debit, do you by any chance have any old bank statements which may show the account number?
            This is generally shown next to the lender's and monthly payment.

If they cannot provide you with anything at all, they must reply with an explanation and return your payment fee.

Comment

Working...
            X