GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Citi (Avco Trust/Associates) PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citi (Avco Trust/Associates) PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citi (Avco Trust/Associates) PPI

Help.......have contacted CitiFinancial re PPI insurrance sold on two different loans in the 90's. Provided copies of original loan agreements detailing the amounts of insurance involved. Even a photocopy of a cheque and final balance of the satisfied loan. Proof of posting obtained on three occassions. Citi are still claiming the information has not been provided and suggest I try the FOS. Once I have done this I will not be able to have any redress against Citi as their letter claims. Any suggestions of where else I can try?
    Last edited by jant; 28 August 2012, 16:07.

Re: Citi (Avco Trust/Associates) PPI

Thank you flowerpower

Comment

Originally posted by jant View Post
      Help.......have contacted CitiFinancial re PPI insurrance sold on two different loans in the 90's. Provided copies of original loan agreements detailing the amounts of insurance involved. Even a photocopy of a cheque and final balance of the satisfied loan. Proof of posting obtained on three occassions. Citi are still claiming the information has not been provided and suggest I try the FOS. Once I have done this I will not be able to have any redress against Citi as their letter claims. Any suggestions of where else I can try?

Hello there

So have they provided you with a final response?

Another one you could try is to contact your local MP, some have been getting better luck this way, that's if you've not yet done so already.

Sometimes when you get the MP involved it have changed the way they have been dealing with your complaint, so as it seems they are giving you the runaround, maybe the mp as a last shot before you decide to complain to the FOS.

Comment

Avco Trust ppi - claim from who ? - allaboutFORUMS

Post 10 in particular.

This is going to be a hard slog compared to normal bank and credit card PPI.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by mystery1 View Post
          This is going to be a hard slog compared to normal bank and credit card PPI.
          Hi, just updated yours for an update....

Hope you're getting 'somewhere'....?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Have received a further letter stating that no information has been received despite being provided three times and with proof of posting. Itemised details on the letter have all been provided. Also, a copy of a cheque and final settlement receipt for the loan as it was satisfied prior to the due date. £700 insurance was refunded at that time which was the calculation of unpaid insurance from settling the loan early. The original loan agreements clearly show the amounts of PPI insurance applicable. Have again returned all paperwork to CitiFinancial by special delivery with a tracking receipt for postage. How can a financial institution deny all knowledge when they have the full facts before them? I know Avco Trust and Associates were taken over and brought out by Citigroup - therefore feel the repsonsibility lies with Citi. They have not acknowleged the fact of the takeover at any time,however! Anyway ten days now since the last letter and copies of paperwork were sent without an acknowledgement or refusal being received back.......................

Comment

Working...
            X