GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script NatWest claim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NatWest claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NatWest claim

Wifey here but remembering to log in as hubby to avoid confusion!

Hubby, it appears, did have PPI on his NatWest card. There is a debt outstanding of £2500 or so and it's UE and he hasn't made a payment for several months. PPI would probably amount a few hundred pounds.

Neither of us have ever taken PPI out on anything apart from this, so he presumes he didn't intend to.
    Question is, is it worth reclaiming PPI? Presumably if he is successful, it will only go to reduce the balance owed - but I'm thinking that every bit helps and if it lowers the balance, that may be helpful in eventually going for an F&F, or the balance being so low that they never think about Court?

Or would they have to send a cheque...?

Re: NatWest claim

Hi there

If you believe this was mis sold then YES give it a go.

Do you still have any of the paperwork on this account?

Right, if there are any outstanding arrears, it may be the case of them refunding the amount towards the debt owed, anything remaining plus interest should be awarded directly to you, I would assume in forms of a cheque payment.

However, if your in arrears and there is no way this can be brought up to date then the PPI would not be worthless to you anyway, because your unable to make a successful claims for eg: Sickness/unemployment etc, to what I know of.

If you've no paperwork you can still make a reclaim with the account number, but the paperwork does also come in handy.
    There are template letters on this site to request your data Subject access Request (SAR) where they have 40 calendar days to comply, you enclose £10 cheque or postal order.

I shall post the links you require if you've not came across them yourself but they are enclosed on the PPI reclaiming threads otherwise.

Ask for further help if required, and good luck.

Comment

Thanks Di,
      The amount we'd get back if successful is less than the debt - the reason for wondering whether to go for it, is that it would reduce the debt.

We haven't got the CCA yet so we don't have paperwork. I don't particularly want them to find it!

I'm just wondering whether going for PPI would jolt NatWest into taking enforcement action and/or finding the CCA. Mmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by inneedofhelp View Post
        Thanks Di,
        The amount we'd get back if successful is less than the debt - the reason for wondering whether to go for it, is that it would reduce the debt.

We haven't got the CCA yet so we don't have paperwork. I don't particularly want them to find it!

I'm just wondering whether going for PPI would jolt NatWest into taking enforcement action and/or finding the CCA. Mmmm.

Hiya

So as stated if they do this with them, its the arrears they would normally award the refund, not sure about the full debt - so I am sorry if i worded this wrong.
        Interest from my experience should be awarded directly to you by cheque.

They have a duty to treat customers fairly, and you do have the right to make a reclaim on the ppi if you believe you were mis sold.

Comment

Thank you Di

Comment

Your very welcome and remember to ask for help when needed, good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X