GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI Credit Card Claim - MBNA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI Credit Card Claim - MBNA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Credit Card Claim - MBNA

Hi All,

I have had a Credit Card with MBNA since 1996 but closed and paid it off last month after successfully receiving a fairly substantial PPI refund from Lloyds Bank going back to loans I had taken out in 1996.

I phoned MBNA to ask them if I had PPI applied to my Credit Card and they confirmed that I had from 1996 - 2006. At the time I took out the Credit Card I was young and very much influenced by Credit Card "pre-approvals" that would have been posted to me... I am sure that this is how I obtained an MBNA Credit Card as I certainly wouldn't have either called them, applied online, or discussed it with a Saleman at a Motorway Services or similar. I don't ever remember ticking a box for PPI, nor do I remember reading any literature on it.

At the time I was also a self-employed DJ and only worked part time at a record shop to supplement my income so I don't believe I would have been eligible to claim if I was out of work.

When I called MBNA about the PPI I simply told them that at the time I applied for the Credit Card I was self-employed.

I have never filled out any forms or questionnaire for them.... I recoeved a confirmation letter that my case was being reviewed and that I would hear from them within 28 days, with a further 8 weeks to complete the case review and provide a decision. When I called them yesterday they said it was with one of their Team and that I would receive a response within 8 weeks (9th May) even though I have only had a phone discussion about PPI.

Can I ring them to ask that they consider my other reasons for feeling that I was mis-sold PPI (ie Postal "Pre-Approved" Application, potentially automatically "opted in" for PPI, no verification of my circumstances or eligibility for PPI)?? I don't want them to think that my calling now is an after thought and I am in anyway trying to con them.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks
    Jon

Re: PPI Credit Card Claim - MBNA

Hi and welcome.

Firstly well done on your success.

Write/email them and confirm that you understand that you will hear about your complaint in May in relation to a complaint you put in over the telephone on date XX/XX/2014, but are also confirming your reasons in writing, as you want to be sure that all your reasons are taken into account, and you also want all correspondence in writing for future reference.
    If you email, ask them for confirmation that they received your details.

Personally its always best to deal with complaints etc in writing/email only, so you have your own proof in case you take it further, try to avoid dealing with these matter on the phone. Hopefully all should go your way, but you do have a right to also put you complaint into writing as well, so they must take it all into account.

Good luck and please keep us posted and ask for any help anytime. (Dont forget to give the ref(account number).

Comment

Thanks Dizzy Di... good suggestions.

I'll write to them over the weekend as I still have a few weeks.

Many thanks and I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Your welcome :-) x

Comment

Working...
        X