GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Chances of reclaiming CPP pre 2005? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chances of reclaiming CPP pre 2005?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of reclaiming CPP pre 2005?

Mother was paying CPP for her cards for some time, until i told her to cancel it around 2007.

I hear that she should be notified of miss selling if it was after 2005, but her CPP payments go back beyond this i believe.

Isnt a lot, and was paid annually. She has no information anymore other than the company dealing with it.

Do you reckon it worth SAR'ing them for details?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Chances of reclaiming CPP pre 2005?

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    Mother was paying CPP for her cards for some time, until i told her to cancel it around 2007.

I hear that she should be notified of miss selling if it was after 2005, but her CPP payments go back beyond this i believe.

Isnt a lot, and was paid annually. She has no information anymore other than the company dealing with it.

Do you reckon it worth SAR'ing them for details?
    Yes definately worth a shot, and I'm sure it will attract interest too, so it will add up.

The fact that your mother had it for sometime and prior to 2005, you can still put in a reclaim, I think the post 2005 were just automatic letters sent to customers, but in my opinion I would definately give it a go.

Maybe worth requesting for the agreement, as I assume details of CPP will be enclosed on that, hopefully they may still hold it, the fact that it was cancelled around 2007 (its possible they may still hold the info).

Comment

If it helps Barclaycard paid up all the way back to 2001 when we claimed off them early this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
        If it helps Barclaycard paid up all the way back to 2001 when we claimed off them early this year.
        Paid mine back to 2000 with interest.
        Took some fighting though.

Comment

Thanks guys, this was a single company that covered all my mothers credit cards, cant remember the name, have one of them complementry keyrings somewhere which is about all the info i have for them, so will need to SAR them and see what they come up with.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

This is interesting too.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/c...pensation.html

Comment

Seems about right Di. think she said she paid about £30 a year or something, and it wasnt until i said to her, but your cards will pay the money back in cases of fraud anyway, that she cancelled. Seems i was ahead of my time with miss selling lol.

Not sure whether she will be arsed to chase £185 though if im honest, ill find out.

Comment

Also this in today's media....(MSE) LOL!!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...or-cpp-redress

Comment

It was relatively easy to be honest to get my premiums back from 2001 to 2012! Only £300 ish but worth the couple of letters I sent. Got mine back direct from CPP.

Good luck

jane x

Comment

Thank you jane, i will speak with my mother and find out what she wants to do. Its gonna have to be a SAR to them to get the details, so its a toss up between wasting a tenner or gaining a couple hundred, depending on what comes back.

Comment

SXguy, I just phoned them and asked for my policy number, I gave them my address and they found it straight away! Only the cost of a phone call might be worth a try before you go to the trouble of sending a SAR?

jane x

Comment

oh ok great, thanks, will give that a try!

Comment

Ok so strangly my mother received a letter today from CPP regarding the miss selling.

It says that they will write again within 12 weeks to see if we wish to agree to a "scheme" that they are rolling out, and if they accept we were miss sold, will pay out the amount due from 2005 onwards.

It has the policy number attached to the letter also which is good.

I think my mother cancelled this around 2007 so all she would get is around £60 plus interest.

They say they wasnt regulated by the FSA prior to 2005, but they must have been underwritten by someone before that right? So would it be wise to write quoting the policy number asking for a copy of the policy and make a claim to the underwriters for the amount pre 2005?

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                            Ok so strangly my mother received a letter today from CPP regarding the miss selling.

It says that they will write again within 12 weeks to see if we wish to agree to a "scheme" that they are rolling out, and if they accept we were miss sold, will pay out the amount due from 2005 onwards.

It has the policy number attached to the letter also which is good.

I think my mother cancelled this around 2007 so all she would get is around £60 plus interest.

They say they wasnt regulated by the FSA prior to 2005, but they must have been underwritten by someone before that right? So would it be wise to write quoting the policy number asking for a copy of the policy and make a claim to the underwriters for the amount pre 2005?

Yes I would write to ask for the copy of the policy, if it's a bank they may have been GISC regulated, so if thats the case you still pursue them under the GISC regulation, but otherwise (if not reg) it maybe worth finding out who the underwriters/insurers were..

Comment

Hi to all here,

I'm not sure if this will interest you, but I have started a CPP thread here, which is still a work-in-progress:-

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...Being-Scammed-!!!

I'm just posting the link on any CPP threads I see in AAD, as I think it is worth ALL CPP claimants checking out.

Apologies for the hi-jack.

Bill.

Comment

Working...
                              X