GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cheque Cashing centres - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheque Cashing centres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheque Cashing centres

Does anyone know exactly how Cheque cashing centres work ? What i really need to know is if the cheques are traceable to you.

If i had a cheque for an amount and didn't want anybody to know i had got it then could they find out ? By they i mean people like government agencies, creditors, DCA's etc in fact anyone
    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Re: Cheque Cashing centres

A cheque cashing service basically cash your cheques, and buy them off you. Thats it.

There is an audit trail, naturally however like all financial institutions they'd be limited to who they could discuss it with. Example; you get a £500 cheque that you want to hide from a partner, use a cheque place if you want - no comeback.

You get a cheque for £500 that you know is forged/dodgy - then expect comeback.

You're being too vague to be able to answer properly mate! You're best avoiding them, drop it into a secondary account if necessary - no fee in doing that lol.

Have you got rbs account yet? Lol
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Still no RBS contact yet, going to phone them now though. Was going to go down street yesterday but weather thought otherwise !
      I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

As stated previoulsy if your trying to hide something from Govt probably best not to use these places but for a DCA/creditor I would not have thought it would have been a problem. It all depends on why you are doing it I suppose

Comment

Mate have you got that account with rbs opened yet lol?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No i've got the letter to be signed and sent off. Thought it would be quicker to nip into local branch with letter and fnalise application. Went in yesterday and stood at the customer service desk for around 15 minutes with no-one ever coming to help. Queue was huge so i had to just leave as the kids were starting to run around riot in the bank and i was losing my patience. Will have to wait til Monday now

Comment

Lol excuses excuses haha!

Just send it by post? Branch will only copy your id then send form off internally, its actually slower unless you applied in branch, which they can open there and then.

Comment

Yeh - will give it one last go in branch on Monday or just post as weather seems to be letting up now

Comment

anything?

(like waiting for Celtic to win the SPL lol)......

Comment

LOL, no it's not THAT desperate yet !!!

Sent by mail yesterday. Have only had 2 days mail in last10 days (1 of them actually Sundaylol)

Comment

Haha - I just applied to Ulster Bank for an account - could be interesting considering they reckon I owe them (RBS) £50k - obviously I don't, but the person that stole my ID maybe does! haha

Lets see what they say eh?

Comment

Still not heard anything here Maybe you will get the account with a 50k overdraft added on

Comment

I don't apply for overdrafts - eeek! They are a rip-off!

[attachment=0:2vdy24rk]ulster_reply.PNG[/attachment:2vdy24rk]

Comment

here is one .. what happens if you DONT sign the paperwork?
                            I have still not signed the original paperwork for my current account (its still at home in the drawer) yet have been using it for over a year now

Comment

It's a civil case mate. If u don't pay they will prove to the court you spent it.

You have no terms (cca) to "hide" behind....

Comment

Working...
                              X