GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script help not my debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help not my debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help not my debt

Hi all
    Not shore where to post this thread hope here is ok?
    But wondering if anyone has had a similar problem.
    I paid a deposit for a friend’s car insurance about 6 months ago as she did not have a visa card. However I have just found out that she could not keep up with the direct debit payments that she set up on her own account, and she now has accumulated a £300 Debt that her insurance company has taken from my Account under their Status Disclosure, but not shore if a Status Disclosure would be classed as part of their terms & Conditions as they said this was on the phone.
    So was wondering if there was anything out there that someone knows about that state, because this it not my debt and that I did not authorizations this payment on my debit card, the payment should not have be taken.
    I do intend to send a letter to both the insurers and the bank stating the above and also saying if payment is not returned I will be taking this matter to the financial ombudsman.
    Would like to hear some feedback from people to see if I have any chance of getting my money back from the insurers or the bank
    Many thanks
    Regards
    gary

Re: help not my debt

Originally posted by echo View Post
    I paid a deposit for a friend’s car insurance about 6 months ago as she did not have a visa card.
    Unwise.

You may have become a party to that contract.

I do intend to send a letter to both the insurers and the bank stating the above and also saying if payment is not returned I will be taking this matter to the financial ombudsman.
    Just get it charged back by Visa.

Comment

Working...
    X