GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hello & Cabot - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello & Cabot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello & Cabot

I have been lurking on this and other boards for a while now, but decided it was time to actively participate. Am looking forward to a forthcoming battle with Cabot, and will wish to take advantage of the collective expertise available here.

Have read a lot about how litigant happy Cabot are, but does this only apply to home-owners where a property charge can be secured, or do they issue proceedings in all cases?
    Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 26 July 2015, 00:43. Reason: Updated

Re: Hello & Cabot

Cabot have a tendency to be the most trigger happy when a property is involved, or they get the impression that the debtor is not that switched on.

If they feel that you know what you're about, they are more hesitant generally.....
    -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Originally posted by Cj10 View Post
      I have been lurking on this and other boards for a while now, but decided it was time to actively participate. Am looking forward to a forthcoming battle with Cabot, and will wish to take advantage of the collective expertise available here.

Have read a lot about how litigant happy Cabot are, but does this only apply to home-owners where a property charge can be secured, or do they issue proceedings in all cases?
      Depends which stage you're at.... I own property but have not heard from Cabot for nearly 4 years now. They bought a duff account with no enforceable paperwork.... so I'm just waiting for stat. barred status to kick in now....

Once court papers have been issed it's considerably more stressful for people, so you'll need to remain pro-active with this lot to make sure it doesn't get that far.
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Minnack's posts moved to her own original Cabot thread HERE

Shep x
        Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 6 February 2012, 13:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Cj10 View Post

hi

all quiet on the western front?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            hi

all quiet on the western front?
            i have been very fortunate over the last few years with all my debts now statute barred, on the basis of last acknowledgement/ payment being nearly six and a half years ago. None of my creditors began proceedings, which surprised me given the value of a number of the accounts. The closest I got was a LBA from Cabot, which I challenged using this site's excellent template. Wright Hassall deferred back to Cabot about 18 months ago, and I've heard nothing since.

My two remaining CRA defaults will drop off over the next two months. I never ever wish to repeat this journey though so will be making very sensible decisions around future personal,debt.

Comment

Great news Cj10
              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done Cj10

Best wishes
                IF
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Well done. Really pleased to hear you're in the clear....
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cabot seriously take the pee. In my own case they came out of the woodwork trying it on with an old debt that was SB well over a decade ago. I sent a snotty email and received this reply. An internal system error my arse!
                    Cabot_Redacted.pdf

Comment

Working...
                    X