GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Catalogue default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalogue default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalogue default

Sorry another question about a small Next Catalogue debt.

• The default date has been set at July 2013.
    • At that time, the outstanding balance was around £50.
    • I wrote to the creditor advising of position and offering token monthly payment - this was declined.
    • The default - dated July 2013 - on my credit report is for the sum of approximately £200.
    • Debt was sold in 2016 to a DCA.

I can only think that the increase in the amount is due to charges on the account which have been added AFTER the default date.

Do you think that I have a chance of getting this removed and paying back the original amount?

I'm hesitant to put anything in writing in case it resets the SB clock and I can't get the default removed.

Thanks for any help and advice!

Re: Catalogue default

sorry once the Default is on your crdit file it is there for 6 years, 5 in scotland.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
      sorry once the Default is on your crdit file it is there for 6 years, 5 in scotland.
      Thanks - I understand the timelines but this one is a bit unusual and the amount has been retrospectively applied to the default it seems.

So what I'm asking is if the default is not properly applied or is 'faulty', I wonder if anyone has had a success of it being removed...

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
        6 years. Statute Barred is 5 years in Scotland but a default is 6 years nationwide.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by debtnewbie View Post
          Thanks - I understand the timelines but this one is a bit unusual and the amount has been retrospectively applied to the default it seems.

So what I'm asking is if the default is not properly applied or is 'faulty', I wonder if anyone has had a success of it being removed...
          The debt may have been only £50 but there will be charges applied to the debt. The default amount won't change.

If they're hassling you send a CCA Request. If not don't worry about your credit file. The amount is quite irrelevant.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks!

So the default amount can change over time?

Comment

Thanks!

So the default amount can change over time?
              no. It's set. It's defaulted hence the amount can never change.

Im suggesting after you stopped paying it was £50 but they'll have added charges etc to it before you were defaulted. You physically cannot be defaulted the same month you stop paying.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                no. It's set. It's defaulted hence the amount can never change.

Im suggesting after you stopped paying it was £50 but they'll have added charges etc to it before you were defaulted. You physically cannot be defaulted the same month you stop paying.
                I get that, but when the account defaulted there is no way that £150 could have accrued in the space of a couple of months....

So what I'm saying is that the default was put on in 2013 at a certain amount and then changed when the debt was sold on.

Comment

I get that, but when the account defaulted there is no way that £150 could have accrued in the space of a couple of months....

So what I'm saying is that the default was put on in 2013 at a certain amount and then changed when the debt was sold on.
                  Both entries should appear on your file. The original entry from Next which will now show as Satisfied then a new entry from the DCA using the EXACT same details (value / default start date) - if not raise a dispute against the entry with the CRA direct as its an error.

Do you know for a fact what was recorded as a default by Next, ie the value of the default? Specifically on your credit file - not a s.87 Default Notice (paper copy by post)...

Comment

Just re-read. You say in July 2013 next added a default for £200.

Then in 2016 it was sold. Therefore the entry on your CRA will be accurate. Only if next recorded it at £50 would you have an argument.

As to why the debt is £200 (forget the default - you're disputing the actual debt not the default itself) it'll be charges. £28pm missed payment likely - so 6 of them easily takes you over £200. A default shouldn't be added until after 3 missed payments so that's a good £84 straight away.

Comment

Working...
                    X