GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt transfer. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt transfer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt transfer.

Hi again. I have been paying off a loan to LLoyds by way of a Court agreement. I posted about it roughly two years ago. I've never missed and pay £30PM, balance just over 4K. I've now revieved a letter form them to inform me that my Lloyds bank debt is being transferred to Moorcroft Debt collection agency as it will ensure they continue to service my account in the most appropriate manner. Moorcroft will contact me in the next few days apparently so i can now pay them.
    Is that usual, do i need to be concerned ? Thanks.

Re: Debt transfer.

quite normal, just pay on the bank details they supply. Moorcroft have no power to fiddle about with a court order, ie the amount.

Comment

It's quite normal. My CCJ payment is now on it's 2nd owner and 3rd DCA. I was told that the 3rd DCA (Restons) would get in touch though they didn't. When I tried to pay through their website it wouldn't accept the payment (£1 per month) as the minimum payment is £5 so I just pay it directly through a regular bank transfer. The last DCA (Robinson Way) sent me a letter wanting me to fill in an I&E to check that the amount I was paying was affordable. Just remember that the amount can only be changed if they go back to court so don't be fooled by something like this.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        It's quite normal. My CCJ payment is now on it's 2nd owner and 3rd DCA. I was told that the 3rd DCA (Restons) would get in touch though they didn't. When I tried to pay through their website it wouldn't accept the payment (£1 per month) as the minimum payment is £5 so I just pay it directly through a regular bank transfer. The last DCA (Robinson Way) sent me a letter wanting me to fill in an I&E to check that the amount I was paying was affordable. Just remember that the amount can only be changed if they go back to court so don't be fooled by something like this.
        I have had the same letter from Lloyds to say it is being reassigned to Moorcroft, I have been paying this CCJ for almost 6 years, never missed a payment, can they now increase the amount I am paying? If they ask me to fill in forms to prove earnings etc am I obliged to do so when I already have an agreed amount in place to pay? thanks

Comment

They can ask but it'd take a court to decide on the variation of the order (the ccj)....

Just send it back filled in, showing same amount of disposable income to afford the repayments. Or utilise CFS (via CAB) to maximise your allowances -> http://www.cfs.moneyadvicetrust.org
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

mine was a Tomlin Order.....i made payment on the 20th, same date as the letter from Lloyds to tell me to contact Moorcroft. Moorcroft wrote to me to tell me to contact them (dated 24th). Then Moorcroft wrote to me to tell me off (26th) , or at least thats how i construed it, for making payment direct to "their client". They now want me to contact them with...."an offer of repayment". I think, unless someone tells me otherwise, i'll just refer them to the Court Order/Agreement.

Comment

Sorry if i'm stating the obvious, but i do not have a CCJ, we agreed this order rather than go through a trial.....................

Comment

Does the Tomlin state they can vary it? If not, then they can't unless they apply to the courts so you're best just filling in an I&E using the same info as last years (if you don't have one test a couple and see the disposable income. If it's around the same as the Tomlin agreement, then you'll be fine as no reason to apply to vary) - then they'll hopefully bugger off.

Keep to the Tomlin & you'll be safe. It's a formal agreement set by both parties & rubber stamped by a judge.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

i can't get the image of the order to upload, here's what the order say....also i know i said Tomlinson Order, but i think its actually a Consent Order, not sure if that matters or not....

BY CONSENT

IT IS ORDERED THAT
                  As far as they relate to the parties, all further proceedings be stayed upon the terms agreed by the parties hereto and set forth in the schedule save for the purpose of enforcing the said terms for which the parties be at liberty to apply.Schedule1. That the Defendant does repay the claimant the sum of £xxxxx . This sum to be paid by monthly installments of £30 first payment by 4th April 2014.2. Should the defendant default in the above payments, the Claimant shall be entitled to enter Judgement in respect of the amount outstanding under paragraph 1 at the time of default.3. That the above terms shall be in full and final settlement of all claims that either party shall have or may have against the other arising out of the matters in this action.Dated 5th March 2014.
                  Last edited by marylikes; 1 September 2016, 13:54.

Comment

also i've never been asked for an I&E before , i thought it was moot with the agreement in place ? Looking at that agreement it doesn't look like they can change much now or start asking for I&E does it ?

Comment

Tomlinson? What's that?

Ive asked you questions, please reply to those.

To to send me the TOMLIN (Tomlin IS a consent order (by both parties)) order, please see my email address below (in signature)....

Comment

Originally posted by marylikes View Post
                        also i've never been asked for an I&E before , i thought it was moot with the agreement in place ? Looking at that agreement it doesn't look like they can change much now or start asking for I&E does it ?
                        That's my thinking too marylikes. Has your income increased in since the order was made (above inflation)?

Unless someone says differently I would just write back saying that the court ordered payment of £30 per month and that is all you can afford. If they start arguing then complete the I&E using the CFS figures.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Does the Tomlin state they can vary it? If not, then they can't unless they apply to the courts so you're best just filling in an I&E using the same info as last years (if you don't have one test a couple and see the disposable income. If it's around the same as the Tomlin agreement, then you'll be fine as no reason to apply to vary) - then they'll hopefully bugger off.

Keep to the Tomlin & you'll be safe. It's a formal agreement set by both parties & rubber stamped by a judge.
                          I just sent you a copy. Doesn't look like they can vary it, nor can i ?

Comment

Thanks - received.

To vary they need to go to court. See above from pixie - that's how to deal

Comment

Originally posted by marylikes View Post
                              I just sent you a copy. Doesn't look like they can vary it, nor can i ?
                              Either can - by applying to the court. You'll be fine following pixies post above

Comment

Working...
                              X