GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PRA Group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRA Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA Group

Hi all anybody had any dealings with this lot at PRA GROUP BUCHANAN CLARK AND WELLS HAVE RETURNED IT TO THEM funny I ain't heard of them before
    at the start of this journey i owed
    £52000.00 UNSECURED £5000.00 SECURED
    £0000.00 secured debt as of 17/12/2010 fingers crossed
    on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]
    as of 17/03/13 its now £26K AND £15K UE
    ITS COMING DOWN SLOWLY WHILE STILL ENJOYING MY LIFE

Re: PRA Group

Originally posted by Wishfull View Post
    PRA GROUP BUCHANAN CLARK AND WELLS HAVE RETURNED IT TO THEM funny I ain't heard of them before

Have you just received a (first?) letter from PRA in relation to this debt?

Maybe you could tell us roughly what it says so we can guide you from hereon.

I'll take a peek at your diary to see the background of this MBNA account so far. If you could post a link to your diary on this thread with the history that would be helpful.

When you say Buchanan Clark Wells "returned" it to PRA can you clarify if BCW were instructed by PRA or did a previous debt purchaser instruct BCW or maybe MBNA instructed BCW?

Plan B x

Comment

Is it this MBNA account (UE Diary last updated 13th July 2012) which was possibly sold to Arrow http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post210006

or is it this MBNA account (UE Diary last updated 14th July 2012) which was sold to Varde/Experto Credite which is more likely to have been sold on to Aktiv Kapital and then assigned to PRA http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post210557

When did you last make a payment to either of these accounts? Your diary entry suggests you were paying token payments to both in 2012.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        Is it this MBNA account (UE Diary last updated 13th July 2012) which was possibly sold to Arrow http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post210006

or is it this MBNA account (UE Diary last updated 14th July 2012) which was sold to Varde/Experto Credite which is more likely to have been sold on to Aktiv Kapital and then assigned to PRA http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post210557

When did you last make a payment to either of these accounts? Your diary entry suggests you were paying token payments to both in 2012.

Plan B x
        It is the second one it is the second one I have never had dealings with this new lot but I am still paying a pound a month on it letter just says stop paying the old lot and start paying us basically
        on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]

Comment

I'm gonna hit them with a cca request as the last lot couldn't find it

Comment

I'm gonna hit them with a cca request as the last lot couldn't find it

Maybe don't do that (new CCA request) until we've had time to explore this situation a little bit more for you. A new CCA request may not be the right 'quick fix'.

If you've already got a CCA request 'in default' then it may/may not be better to leave that non compliance issue on the file.

A lot depends on what letters you are or have been sending/receiving etc. There's nothing posted on your diary since 2012 (unless I'm wrong).

Can you provide a little more information please.

Plan B x

Comment

I've looked back through your diary and can see you sent a CCA Request in 2010. Was it

If you've still got those CCA documents sent by MBNA why not send them to Niddy to double check everything so you can decide the way forward. Although it looks as if you may have sent a second CCA Request to Experto Credite, is that right?

Plan B x

Comment

Yes I sent one to experto and they just kept replying we are still trying to find it
                Niddy has seen it and was on the fence as he said it depended what was on page two but they have never been able to find page two so I just kept paying the pound a month to keep them at arms length give me time to sort the rest out

Comment

It's currently

Reason? They're in default of your s.78 request so can't enforce.

It'll never go SB if you're paying £1pm

ps - Don't send a new CCA - they are in default which makes the agreement UE.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

After reading this I stopped paying it and it's doing the rounds again will post details ASAP when I find all the paperwork

Comment

After reading this I stopped paying it and it's doing the rounds again will post details ASAP when I find all the paperwork
                      Have you found the paperwork for this debt yet

PRA don't usually stay quiet for long.

It's UE but they don't know that - or maybe they do and have decided not to go on the attack.

Their litigation team are now in-house so it's not always obvious what they're planning when you read their letters.

An update would be helpful, if you need any help that is.

Di
                      Last edited by PlanB; 30 January 2017, 00:34. Reason: typo

Comment

I sent one to experto and they just kept replying we are still trying to find it
                        Niddy has seen it and was on the fence as he said it depended what was on page two but they have never been able to find page two
                        Well Experto Credite are never going to find page two now that they have gone into voluntary liquidation with their accounts overdue shortly before Christmas

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

Di

Comment

Working...
                        X