GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lowell group ccj threat - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowell group ccj threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell group ccj threat

Just had a letter from Lowell group regarding a 450 mobile phone bill they're threatening legal proceedings ccj etc any advice on what to do next?

Re: Lowell group ccj threat

Is there a complaint ongoing regards the £450 balance with the mobile operator?

Or was it just a bill you didn't pay?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

well I had a dispute with ee that they had missold me the tablet (it was supposed to be linked to my phone account turns out it wasn't so missed bill payment had letters sent to a previous address so was unaware initially) but yes essentially a bill I didn't pay

Comment

Ok so you took a second line meaning you had 2 devices & therefore 2 monthly contracts.

You'll be aware these don't fall under CCA1974 - but if you don't sort the dispute they will sell to a DCA. You'd need to provide more info before we can really suggest options. It's easy to say offer £10 for 5 years to clear it but without knowing the details we'd never suggest that. Do you have a genuine dispute ie not your bill / usage etc or not?

Im guessing you're saying that you took a second contract then moved and EE didn't know you'd moved? If so is this debt just for the new contract or for both?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well what happened is ee rung me offering me a tablet to run along side my phone I thought it was an add on to my account but it turned out to be a totally new and separate account I can't say I have a genuine dispute with regards to not my bill etc but I was told in three separate occasions that it was tied in with my existing contract and would be one account hence me being in the situation in the first place!

Comment

And the debt just corresponds to the tablet I still have a contract phone with ee payments always made on the phone line so no issues with that one

Comment

Ok so really you might be best to contact EE and explain things - maybe first try their Facebook / Twitter page as they do have active assistance there. Worse case consider making a monthly offer however you'll probably find that if you're still in contract it will be dear - have they not cut off the iPad service (ie the SIM is dead so it'll only work on wifi connection not 3/4G)?

They do open separate accounts as such, but under one customer number. I have 2 accounts with EE and get one bill showing both accounts and they contain the same customer ID.

Comment

Yeah the iPads been cut off over a year now was just before Christmas 2014 I got the iPad see I thought they were both together but had a massive argument with a bloke at ee who said it was my fault that I hadn't checked but when your told X you expect X these were both run as two separate accounts as I'd asked why they hadn't been in touch with me as they have my phone number they were using the iPad number to try get hold of me!

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmith184 View Post
                  I'd asked why they hadn't been in touch with me as they have my phone number they were using the iPad number to try get hold of me!
                  That's pathetic! Surely they should know which is your phone number and which your iPad. If they couldn't get hold of you on one number why didn't they try on the other?
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                  X