GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Brilliant Gift Shop - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brilliant Gift Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliant Gift Shop

After some advice please...
    My OH purchased a light fitting from the brilliant gift shop back at the start of 2014 as she intended to do some decorating.
    What with one thing and another the job never got started so the light just sat on the side and she got into money issues so couldn't pay off in full so the debt built for even though she had agreed a monthly figure to pay back she started to accrue monthly late payment charges as well as interest.

Fast forward to last month when she went to use the light and found it broken. She phoned them up and got it agreed to be returned. The light cost £89.00 but they will only refund £39.00 due to the a/c being the debit due to charges and interest. She's just checked and found she has paid a total of £140.00 to this company to date.

Can they get away with only refunding £39.00 ?

Thx

Re: Brilliant Gift Shop

They only need to refund cost of product.

Is is this a credit account? If so & their terms allow for default sums then check that. If there are no terms and not a credit account then no, they cannot do that.

Some firms do have an arrears penalty in their terms.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

they are part of JD Williams so have a default policy, they will pay it back into the account, take off any interest and default fees then send you the amount left over
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, yes it is a credit account. Was hoping that because there was a fault with the product they had to put you back into the same position as before you had purchased it along the lines of miss sold PPI etc
        Seems wrong that they don't

Comment

Working...
        X