GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Assignee's rights responsibilities and duties - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assignee's rights responsibilities and duties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assignee's rights responsibilities and duties

If a debt is assigned does the new owner still take on the rights and duties of the OC.

I had an account with minicredit that after sending a stinging letter of complaint asking for confirmation of write off I heard nothing for over 2 years. I made allegations of harassment as well as irresponsible lending .
    When minicredit went under in Dec with the promise of writing to all debtors with details I heard absolutely diddly squat
    Today I had an offer of 50% discount via text.

I will obviously ignore until I get something in writing.
    My fear is that if I send them copies of the original emails it will reset the old SB clock which is 2 years in.

I think it is probably UE because
    Irresponsible lending
    No DN at all
    Probably a few other breaches of guidelines

Just after a few thoughts

Re: Assignee's rights responsibilities and duties

I would just ignore for now.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I too would ignore if it is only a text message.

If the original creditor went bust, it sounds like someone has bought the company rather than your debt being assigned.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi
        There has been one phone call as well however
        Minicredit surrendered their CCL and as part of the process their portfolio was taken over by a firm who happen to share the same address as OPOS who were their pet DCA. Everyone concerned should have been contacted in December
        https://www.minicredit.co.uk//

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
          Hi
          There has been one phone call as well however
          Minicredit surrendered their CCL and as part of the process their portfolio was taken over by a firm who happen to share the same address as OPOS who were their pet DCA. Everyone concerned should have been contacted in December
          https://www.minicredit.co.uk//
          Wait until they write, why poke at a hornets nest with a stick?

When/if they do eventually write, treat them exactly the same as you would any other account a debt purchasor has taken on. I wouldn't make any assumptions as to the quality, or accuracy, of the customer data Minicredit may or may not have handed over, and so I would get right back to basics and start the process with a 'Prove It' letter.

If/when they write that is...
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2012/2402.html

M1

Comment

Brilliant - thanks. Answers what we needed in full.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X