GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard Woes - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard Woes

Hey all

Need some advice relating to a "final notice" I reveiced today from MK Rapid Recoveries for £2789.98.

A bit of background - I was made redundant from my job in March 2011 which is the primary reason I'm unable to pay this back. I was working from August 2012-February 2014, but am currently unemployed. During this period I was paying CSL £25/month via sanding order from September 2013-February 2014), but dropped this to £1 during my current period of unemployment (I have now cancelled the standing order).

Should I initally just ask for a CCA and see what they come back with?

Re: Barclaycard Woes

absolutely get that off

when did you take this out?

Comment

Join the club mate. Get the cca request off. You will also get letters from MKDP and Keynes. All part of the same set up.

Comment

Yes absolutely get the ball rolling on the CCA process. Don't play the ignore game with MKRR (MKDP/Keynes Collections) as they do like to issue speculative claims if you don't deal with them firmly.

Get the CCA request off this afternoon, at latest tomorrow. As you've received a final notice I'd also suggest sending via recorded delivery to make sure you get a signature on receipt rather than usual proof of postage.

Best
        SnV
        "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
          absolutely get that off

when did you take this out?
          I initially had no idea, but checked my statements and it looks like I've had it since 2001 :P

Was babysitting at the weekend so didn't get the CCA Request off until today - let the games commence.

Comment

Every chance that this 2001 Barclaycard is unenforceable. See what they send you. As I said they will keep passing it around within their organisation. I have now got a Compello reference, as well as MKRR MKDP Keynes collections. They don't give up easily! Do not ignore their letters.

Comment

Ok, got a notice today from Keynes (these guys are nothing if not predictable), threatening legal action.

It took MKRR about 3 months to send me about 60 odd pages of bumf pertaining to my CCA request (none of which included a signature), so worth while sending Keynes a CCA request explaining that for a debt to be valid I want a signed copy of my credit agreement?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by jimbob; 26 March 2015, 23:29. Reason: deleting image

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob View Post
                Ok, got a notice today from Keynes (these guys are nothing if not predictable), threatening legal action.

It took MKRR about 3 months to send me about 60 odd pages of bumf pertaining to my CCA request (none of which included a signature), so worth while sending Keynes a CCA request explaining that for a debt to be valid I want a signed copy of my credit agreement?
                Hi - did you send me the CCA? It may be enforceable, the letter above is serious - they WILL issue a claim....

Right now, if I was you - send a new CCA (and £1 fee) ASAP!!
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob View Post
                  got a notice today from Keynes (these guys are nothing if not predictable), threatening legal action.

It took MKRR about 3 months to send me about 60 odd pages of bumf pertaining to my CCA request (none of which included a signature), so worth while sending Keynes a CCA request
                  Have you received anything from MKDP or Keynes since that LBA they sent you?

I'm assuming you sent a new CCA request as Niddy suggested.

Plan B x

Comment

Working...
                  X