GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Received Claim from BW legal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received Claim from BW legal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received Claim from BW legal

Hi, My partner has just received claim via CCBC from BW Legal saying the Claimant claims XXXX from defendant under a Current Accounts Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

As far as my partner can remember she has never held any such account. What can she ask BW to provide. I am at a loss. Any suggestions to start the conversation with them not that she is dying to talk to them. She has acknowledged CCBC but now is not sure what to do and I have no idea either.

Thanks in Advance.

Re: Received Claim from BW legal

Someone will be along soon to guide you, hold tight
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Shandy View Post
      My partner has just received claim via CCBC from BW Legal saying the Claimant claims XXXX from defendant under a Current Accounts Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

As far as my partner can remember she has never held any such account. What can she ask BW to provide. I am at a loss. Any suggestions to start the conversation with them not that she is dying to talk to them. She has acknowledged CCBC but now is not sure what to do and I have no idea either.
      When she acknowledged the claim did she tick the box stating that she intended to Defend ? Can you email the Particulars of Claim (the first page of the NI Form) to Niddy asap. Who is the Claimant (Lowells?), how much is the claim, and who does it say was the original bank where the current account was supposed to have been held?

Comment

If you send over to me at the e-mail address you used for the MKDP claim we saw off I will see what can be done here for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ATW View Post
          If you send over to me at the e-mail address you used for the MKDP claim we saw off I will see what can be done here for you.
          Sounds like a plan

Comment

Hi Andrew. emailed you the documents a couple of days ago. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shandy View Post
              Hi Andrew. emailed you the documents a couple of days ago. Looking forward to hearing from you.
              Does this story have a happy ending?

Comment

Working...
              X