GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script worth requesting a write off? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

worth requesting a write off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worth requesting a write off?

With the help of this forum, I've been successfully "managing" a 3.5k overdraft from a Natwest Overdraft.

After teeny payments, interest and charges removed the balance is now £940. It defaulted in 2009 so long time til end of default (if it holds any bearing on this) - it is now with another DCA (Capquest - although its 4th seating with them).

Given the balance - could I try for a write off or F&F, or keep batting it about the DCA?

Curious as to the amount it can get to for a write off.

Re: worth requesting a write off?

Hi Malamute,
    It's unlikely they'd write it off unless you'd had a quite drastic change of circumstances such as significant income drop, severe illness etc.
    In any circumstances, it's harder to negotiate while you're still paying, but if it's tiny payments which will take years to clear the balance it might be worth trying for an F&F.
    How much are you paying monthly, and how much could you raise for a F&F?

Elsa x

Comment

I am paying £1 a month directly to the Natwest sort code and account number (balance is updating so I know its being received) and it's still being batted about the DCA.

Comment

Originally posted by malamute View Post
        It defaulted in 2009 so long time till end of default (if it holds any bearing on this) .
        Is there a reason for wanting to clear this debt now rather than later? Your reference to the Default suggests you may be hoping that you could get it removed from your credit file as part of a F & F. This can sometimes happen but it's rare. Usually when Niddy negotiates on your behalf with a certain debt purchaser but it seldom happens with the High Street banks I'm afraid If you defaulted in 2009 it will drop off next year anyway

Comment

So that would take 78 years to clear! It will cost them more than £1 to process it I bet. It's only purpose is to stop the debt becoming Statute Barred.

See what others say, might be worth a punt at "This payment is pointless, will take 78 years to clear and my circumstances will not be changing"...

Comment

I see - the default is no issue as it comes off next year like you say.

The 78 years to clear was mainly my point so may see how Capquest are with the calls and letters.

Otherwise if its costing them more to process and it's falling off next year I think I may just let it roll on.

Thanks all - always good to get a view point on these things.

Comment

Working...
            X