GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script natwest have name wrong is loan/debt valid?! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

natwest have name wrong is loan/debt valid?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• natwest have name wrong is loan/debt valid?!

hi everyone need advice

i have outstanding debt with natwest/westcot, i repay through wescot but natwest still send statements of payments being received but on the letters from natwest my name is wrong. they have my first and last name the wrong way round and always have, although i am paying back the debt westcot aren't very good as it seems my debt isn't being reduced and i am now wondering whether i can deny the debt as my name with natwest is wrong on the loan.

any advice would be appreciated

Re: natwest have name wrong is loan/debt valid?!

Is it your debt?
    I'm assuming it is as your paying it.

What kind of debt is it?
    How old is it?
    Who did you take it out with initially?
    How much is it and how much are you paying?

Once we know this, the best way forward may well be to send a CCA request

Comment

Originally posted by Jyle View Post
      i am now wondering whether i can deny the debt as my name with natwest is wrong on the loan.
      No sadly as it was you who took the loan out, it wasn't fraud - it was a small processing error so the loan is valid, however whether it is enforceable is another matter altogether.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Its a loan from natwest, the loan was takin out over 8 years ago when i was 18, the original amount was £1500 somewhere along the line they have added more credit on for a reason i cant remember an now my outstanding debt is around £5k.
        I was paying natwest and it got sold to westcot, i was paying westcot £5 a week then due a missed had to pay £25 DD to them.
        Natwest only receive £10 of the £25 i pay.

Comment

so where is the other £15 going? Natwest ought to get the whole lot.....?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            so where is the other £15 going? Natwest ought to get the whole lot.....?
            are you in some sort of DMP with someone else?

Comment

How do you know they only get £10? Are you basing that on how your CRA balance reduces, or something more concrete?
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cut a long story short, whilst paying the loan back i lost my job and was left unemployed, several months on after struggling to pay my debt plus my bills the bank informed me i had ppi (I did not know i had ppi).
                I tried to claim ppi but never got anywhere with that and i gave up an stopped paying natwest.
                And natwest have sold it to westcot.

Comment

Im getting statements from natwest with £10 payments 'from' westcot 'to' natwest.
                  I pay westcot £25 per month...

Comment

Hi Jyle, that's not on. They can't do that! By what method do you pay Wescot?

Comment

I pay by direct debit.

Comment

have you ever asked where the rest of the money is going, could there be another account with natwest that may be taking some of the payment?

how long have you been paying this?

Comment

Ive been paying this for quite some time, i have never questioned westcot as i thought they have took on the debt.

Comment

They shouldnt not be taking any money from the payments you are making, you really need this sorted, the balance will dramatically be reduced if we can find these missing amounts.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                            X