GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Are we Winning? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we Winning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we Winning?

Is it me? Since I came back here a few days ago there seems to be a lot less daily traffic in the various forums particularly the debt forums than there used to be.

Is it the hot weather?
    Time of year?
    Has the law changed dramatically?
    We have had more success?

Or is it symptomatic of ordinary folk getting so depressed about it all that all hope has been lost?

Have all these so called schemes like the ones CCCS put about and the IVAs, DMPs, so enslaved folk that they do not fight back or are not prepared to?

We have friends, who shook us to the core when they let us know just how badly they were in trouble. Persuaded them to register here but say they cannot do all the reading because they are working all hours God sends to just try and keep up with an unsustainable programme set up by CCCS (now step change) which runs until they are 70. There must be thousands more trapped and enslaved by these things.

Or perhaps forums have generally got a bad name because some have sold their souls to the devil like MSE and Consumer Action Group. The other dog walking lot were always a bit of a "pay up p**s off get a life" orientation anyway. Have the internet community picked up on this or is my memory of the traffic levels here on AAD distorted?

Sorry but I had to ask the question.

regards
    G

Re: Are we Winning?

Originally posted by garlok View Post
    Is it me? Since I came back here a few days ago there seems to be a lot less daily traffic in the various forums particularly the debt forums than there used to be.

Is it the hot weather?
    Time of year?

Or is it symptomatic of ordinary folk getting so depressed about it all that all hope has been lost?

Have all these so called schemes like the ones CCCS put about and the IVAs, DMPs, so enslaved folk that they do not fight back or are not prepared to?

We have friends, who shook us to the core when they let us know just how badly they were in trouble. Persuaded them to register here but say they cannot do all the reading because they are working all hours God sends to just try and keep up with an unsustainable programme set up by CCCS (now step change) which runs until they are 70. There must be thousands more trapped and enslaved by these things.

Or perhaps forums have generally got a bad name because some have sold their souls to the devil like MSE and Consumer Action Group. The other dog walking lot were always a bit of a "pay up p**s off get a life" orientation anyway. Have the internet community picked up on this or is my memory of the traffic levels here on AAD distorted?

Sorry but I had to ask the question.

regards
    G
    A lot more success for all of us I believe. I rarely get anything these days some of my creditors have not said hello for years.
    ps that's all down to Niddy and his team. and the templates.
    Last edited by helmsman; 19 July 2013, 14:09.

Comment

Thanks helmsman. I truly hope so. We thought we had got over the rise but it fired up again.

We have come into contact with a number of folk who seem more open about their troubles, some really desperate, but whom seem to be more reluctant than we all were about biting back and if you have to go down at least go down with some self respect remaining landing a few blows on the enemy.

regards
      G

Comment

Is it the hot weather?
        Time of year?

regards
        G
        Combination of all four I would say....
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing the other day. All is quiet for me at the moment and although I rarely post other than on my own thread I browse on a daily basis and can say that I came to the conclusion that the weather was a major factor. There is one mod in particular (ScabHunter) who is very proactive on the UE diaries and I've not seen any posts from them recently. Hope all is well as ScabHunter has guided me on many occasions.

Comment

SH has ventured to pastures new but still comes here now and again.

Yep, sadly we do lose some good mods.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Cheers for the update Niddy

There was me hoping SH was enjoying a holiday and some downtime

Yeah thats defo a good one thats gone. Wishing you all the best ScabHunter

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Well a shame to lose such a good mod and we hope he may come back at some point, but this is AAD with Niddy at the helm and excellent back up, onwards and upwards.

Comment

Is it the hot weather?
                  Time of year?
                  Its a good question matey. I think all 4 of those are probably valid.

There is another consideration also - which is has the credit and debt collection industry also started to clean up its act?

I have seen an increase in the use of 'soft' letters as opposed to those going straight for the jugular.

This is without doubt a tribute to all the consumer forums who have fought to expose the dubious practices of these industries and have enabled consumers to fight back.

Unfortunately there are still plenty of shocking tactics out there (especially still when they get debtors on the telephone where they can say what they like with little fear of being brought to account), but certainly where letters are concerned they are having to be very careful.

When you then have judgements like the recent Turner v Halifax case where banks have actually been brought to book for harassment I think the tide is finally turning for us all.

However, if this is the case, this a most dangerous time, as complacency will allow the finance industry to bring legislation back in its favour. I am sure the Turner v Halifax case sent shudders through the debt collection world and they will be trying to seek ways to redress the balance.

But of course it could just be that everyone is out enjoying the first time in 10 years we have had a week of 30 degrees plus weather and are realising that enjoying life, and not worrying about debt, is whats important

Best
                  SnV
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

We have had a quiet time (tempting fate) for a while on most things. However they are all still there lurking in the background. Unfortunately I think the same as you, the old ethos remains in the debt collection industry but the pendulum has swung away from them at the moment but I think we can be sure they are working their devious little minds overtime to get back at us all.

We, at the moment, have BC spouting what is tantamount to perjury both to us, the sol who is supposed to be looking after our interests and even to the assignee they have sold a real pup on to. Who then foolishly still went for our jugular today.

regards
                    G

Comment

In a weird soft of way I was enjoying my confrontation with the banks...but it has gone very quiet...no bad thing..and I am resisting the temptation to liven things up again (let sleeping dogs lie). What is causing the lull in activity I don't know, but the SB clock is ticking away nicely. The only downside (if you could call it that) is that if you're like me and not got the best of memory then I feel I'm losing touch with the issues a bit, and if things start to liven up again I will be faced with a fair bit of back reading to bring myself up to date again. Obviously I have notes and a strategy written down, and pop in here frequently..but the subscribed threads updates I get do seem to have tailed off.

Comment

Don't worry Cardiac, I think we are all in the same boat. When one of ours came to life again very recently I had to trawl back through the files of everything we have kept and it is amazing how much detail you actually forget. Cases are won and lost on detail so we keep everything we can including envelopes, postal receipts and the like. We have even now started a new telephone log and all silent calls (when 1471'd and there is no number) are logged against the current DCA(reptile)/sols/debt purchaser going for our jugular.

regards
                        G

Comment

So long as I'm not missing out on something...I sometimes get the feeling everyone has gone to a party and I haven't been invited....(not that that ever happened of course)

Comment

No I don't think so. Whilst I would do anything and everything I could to chip just a tiny fragment away from the foundations of Barclays Bank, I could be persuaded to trade it now for a quiet life. However they decided on this war of attrition, they decided to wilfully break the Law so we just have to keep chipping away.

regards
                            G

Comment

Working...
                            X