GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fred Bassett v HBOS - Preference Account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fred Bassett v HBOS - Preference Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Bassett v HBOS - Preference Account

I'm digging around here, wondering if I can have my cake and eat it. I had one of these Preference Accounts. I defaulted back in 2005 when I went into a DMP. Eventually, I gave up the DMP and went it alone and this is one that I stopped paying in November 2007.

This particular account was, according to my credit report, "removed from file" in November 2011, but I know that it is not actually SB until November this year, although nobody is chasing me about it and there has been no correspondence since 2009.

I know that this is unenforceable and reading stuff from Niddy on another one of these accounts I know that they wouldn't have a chance of enforcing it. The question is: There was PPI on this - can I claim it back? If my calculations are correct, I would get about £1,500 back. The worry would be that this would be seen as admittance of the debt and reset the SB clock.

Any advice would be welcomed as usual.

Cheers.

Fred

Re: Fred Bassett v HBOS - Preference Account

Originally posted by Fred Bassett View Post
    I'm digging around here, wondering if I can have my cake and eat it. I had one of these Preference Accounts. I defaulted back in 2005 when I went into a DMP. Eventually, I gave up the DMP and went it alone and this is one that I stopped paying in November 2007.

This particular account was, according to my credit report, "removed from file" in November 2011, but I know that it is not actually SB until November this year, although nobody is chasing me about it and there has been no correspondence since 2009.

I know that this is unenforceable and reading stuff from Niddy on another one of these accounts I know that they wouldn't have a chance of enforcing it. The question is: There was PPI on this - can I claim it back? If my calculations are correct, I would get about £1,500 back. The worry would be that this would be seen as admittance of the debt and reset the SB clock.

Any advice would be welcomed as usual.

Cheers.

Fred

wait untill after November if that is when it runs out then look into claiming, sure others will advise, = let sleeping dogs lie, get greedy too early can backfire = forewarned is forearmed.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      wait untill after November if that is when it runs out then look into claiming, sure others will advise, = let sleeping dogs lie, get greedy too early can backfire = forewarned is forearmed.
      Thanks Tech Clerk,

After the 6 years are up, won't I be too late though?

It's not a big issue with me, as I stated earlier, I know that I'm trying to have my cake and eat it. But I hate what has become Lloyds/HBOS and if I can get something back from the bastards for the misery they've caused me then I will do just that. Not at the expense of shooting myself in the foot though!

Cheers.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bassett View Post
        Thanks Tech Clerk,

After the 6 years are up, won't I be too late though?

It's not a big issue with me, as I stated earlier, I know that I'm trying to have my cake and eat it. But I hate what has become Lloyds/HBOS and if I can get something back from the bastards for the misery they've caused me then I will do just that. Not at the expense of shooting myself in the foot though!

Cheers.

Fred
        from what I have understood in the past claims have been made pre 6 years and been paid out, sure others will comment also on the subject, best clear the 6 years as priority, it is so near?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
          from what I have understood in the past claims have been made pre 6 years and been paid out, sure others will comment also on the subject, best clear the 6 years as priority, it is so near?
          Sorry, but do you mean "pre" or "post"? I just have a feeling that once the 6 years have passed I won't be able to claim.

Cheers.

Fred

Comment

I have succesfully claimed on accounts that were closed and over 6 years old.

The only issue I could see is if the banks manage to get a cut off date for PPI off the FSA.

They are disscussing this now I believe.

Think the advice is not to claim PPI if going UE until you have gone SB.

Others may better advise.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
              I have succesfully claimed on accounts that were closed and over 6 years old.

The only issue I could see is if the banks manage to get a cut off date for PPI off the FSA.

They are disscussing this now I believe.

Think the advice is not to claim PPI if going UE until you have gone SB.

Others may better advise.
              I think that is what I need to know. I think there is definitely a risk while it is not SB, so I will leave it until then. I've heard about the bank's seeking a cut off date but I think I will still be in time for that, as I believe the limit the banks are seeking is May 2014.

Cheers.

Fred

Comment

I agree with Ken, hang on until it's SB, if you claim just now you would reset the clock, how much is it, is it worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
                  I agree with Ken, hang on until it's SB, if you claim just now you would reset the clock, how much is it, is it worth it?
                  I think the PPI would be worth about £1,500, so worth it, but not worth the risk of resetting the clock.

Cheers.

Fred
                  Last edited by Fred Bassett; 24 March 2013, 11:15.

Comment

Hi Fred, Did you ever try to claim back PPI on this account?
                    Take Care

Comment

Jon,

No I didn't. The general feeling was that it would be a waste of time trying because, even if I could claim some money, they would just deduct it fromt the amount owing.

Regards.

Fred

Comment

Hi Fred, Thanks, I think I will claim just to give them some work to do!

Comment

Working...
                        X