GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Changing address - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing address

sadly it looks like I need to get a new address as the redirection stops in a week or 2 so its pretty urgent. Is there a list of who its "safe" to have an actual address or do the DCA's have people in all sorts of places?
    I only really have the tax man and my pension that are not reported and things like clubcard which I assume are ok? and then I have the mortgage and loan on the house (but these should only send an annual statement that I already have for this year), bank accounts (monthly statements that I do want to change to less often if possible) and the DCA's who do report so if I change the address for 1 the others are very likely to pick up on it and I cannot have any related addresses as that would start to affect other people. I don't think there is anything else that comes through but thats enough to start with
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Re: Changing address

Niddy's the CRA expert but as soon as you tell your existing bank the new address they'll update your file. Can you go online and switch to paperless statements?

Watch out for utility companies. My waterboard reports to the CRA's and some power companies do too.

Comment

if your on the electrol roll, or have a mortgage, your new address will be on your CRA regardless.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts, I am in an "interesting" position in that I'm not on the electoral roll, and do not have any utility bills, the mortgage address will have to be changed but I want to wait for the Niddy service to go live for that, the loan (same provider), and for the bank accounts (am going to try and go paperless for one of them, the other can do quarterly statements as its not online) its the tax things and the DCA's that I NEED to get an address for as I can guarantee if I don't change the DCA's they will take me to court and I will know nothing about it, so they are the important ones.
        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Working...
        X