GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Purchasing card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purchasing card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing card

Hi all

I just wondered whether anyone here knows anything about business purchasing cards? The place where I work use them and are talking about getting one for me for when I order goods for work. I'm worried about whether the card provider would do a credit check on me though as the card would have my name on it as well as the company's.

Don't know whether I'm just worrying over nothing but I don't want my work knowing if I fail the credit check as my debt situation is none of their beeswax! Have tried asking at work in a round-about sort of way but they said they didn't know and I don't want to make a fuss about it cos then they'll start getting suspicious.

I wouldn't have thought there'd be a credit check on me as it's not being charged to me but you never know. Have tried looking at the T&Cs for the purchase cards but they don't say specifically.

Thanks for reading (and sorry if this is in the wrong place).

Re: Purchasing card

Who is it with? Natwest 'used to' credit check you but last I knew Amex and Natwest did not - however as it's a company card they shouldn't credit check you but you never know.

However if it's one of the two above you should be fine.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the reply. It's Cooperative.

Comment

Hi Batfink

I had a company credit card through all of our fall from grace, the card is the company's card and you are just the user.

I had a £10K limit on it and never had a problem.

Comment

As MrsD said, you should just be a second card holder, with the card being in the business name, theres no credit checks on second card holders because the debt remains the responsibility of the main card holder.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

hiya,
            i was in the same position over a year ago mate. Barclays used to send the statements to my house and the card had my name on it and the company name underneath. I can only assume they didn't care who i was as i wasn't the one paying the bill every month. They also charged £41 a month just to provide a card to the business!
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you all, I'll stop worrying. Knew you lot would be able to put my mind at rest. Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X