GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Statute Barred? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statute Barred?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statute Barred?

Please can someone confirm exactly when the SB clock starts, is it one month after the last payment/acknowledgement, or from the date of the last payment/acknowledgement?
    It's just that SB is so close with one of my old accounts and I don't want to get it wrong at the last hurdle!

Re: Statute Barred?

Hi Dibs, it's generally the day after the first missed payment, providing no further payments/acknowledgements are made.

Eg if you paid on 25th June and missed payment 25th July it would start on 26th July.

Comment

It can be either. Depends on what the actual account history is like. Whether you paid or acknowledged after the first missed payment etc.

See: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...80&postcount=9
      Last edited by Riz; 18 November 2012, 10:57.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yeah sorry should have clarified that..if the account is already in default, then it would start the day after the last payment made.

Comment

Originally posted by dibsthefrenchie View Post
          Please can someone confirm exactly when the SB clock starts, is it one month after the last payment/acknowledgement, or from the date of the last payment/acknowledgement?
          It's just that SB is so close with one of my old accounts and I don't want to get it wrong at the last hurdle!
          Is there any pressing need to do something now?

If not, then wait the extra month to be sure.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm nearly four months into the statute barred then

Comment

Thank you everybody, that's good news!

It's with a DCA and given your information, it has two weeks before SB'd.

They have been chasing hard for the last few weeks, so when the next letter arrives, I will ask if that's their final response as I am considering a complaint to the FOS and by the time they have replied to that letter, it will be SB'd

Just needed to know exactly how much longer I needed to play letter tennis!

Comment

Working...
              X