GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fashion World Charges and Activation Question. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fashion World Charges and Activation Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fashion World Charges and Activation Question.

Last year I made a successful claim for unlawful charges against Fashion World in which they paid back roughly about £300. However within the same year they started adding charges again and I also noticed they now also charge me around £5 a month for a credit charge as they reactivated my account suddenly without any go ahead from me, no new cca signed or letter informing me.

Are they breaking any laws here and what would you advise I do?. Thank you.
    Last edited by Smart9682; 18 February 2013, 12:34.

Re: Fashion World Charges and Activation Question.

Well did you ever default on the account? The credit charge is interest isn't it?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'm not sure when I defaulted really. After I won my unlawful charges claim against them and they refunded me last year, suddenly they started me this "Credit Charge", someone on another forum said it sounds like they have re-activated my credit meaning they can charge me interest on it again, however I've never once been asked for my account to be reinstated so I have no idea what it's for.

They also still charge me £12 Admin a month, the debt is now up to £250 from the original £182 that I owed after they refunded me the charges.

I have informed them about the charges but it fell on deaf ears really.

Comment

They can charge interest anyway. Maybe they stopped it and after your reclaim restarted it.

They can do this as interest is a gesture of goodwill if they agree to cease charging it.

Do you have other debts?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

my dad has plenty but those one's I'm not to fussed about really although I'm trying to get them to accept settlement offers but none are playing ball right now, explained that he is a pensioner, unemployed and only gets his pension but they are throwing it back at us.

Surely their interest charge is based on £250 though? and since I don't owe that as only £182 is owing before their unlawful charges it means that their charging me on to much?

Comment

Your dads credit doesn't affect yours. It's separate.

As for this account, is it yours or your dads?

Why not write in and offer £100 to settle and close...?

Comment

Yeah it's mine, I was just mentioning my dads as a separate thing really.

I could do, but tbh they have pissed me off. I don't mind debt collectors trying to collect their debts as long as they do it in a professional and ethical way, their first action when I won back unlawful charges was to charge me again and this time add the credit charge like I was the bad guy, Clearly showing that yeah they know it's wrong but they don't care.

at the bottom of their statement under "Dispute Resolution" it states "If you do not take up your problem with us first you will not be entitled to complain to the ombudsman"

Surely that's not right?

Comment

Working...
              X