GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Part 2. Capital one default - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part 2. Capital one default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part 2. Capital one default

Hello again everyone,

Sent off section 78 on 25/7, have proof of delivery with signature 26/7.

Received letter from power2contact dated 22/7 advicing that they would be calling but have ignored this. Have now received a card today from CFS to confirm that they will be calling on Wednesday but with no date do I assume that it is this Wed or any Wed.

Do they have to reply to the section 78 and how long do they keep you waiting.

Re: Part 2. Capital one default

12 + 2 days is the Statutory period of time they have to reply. One month after this the rules say they have committed an offence. They may not enforce whilst in default of these requirements.

However take a look at the template:-

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...doorstep-visit

and get one of these away signed for to the reptiles threatening to come and collect your doorstep. God knows where they find the storage for all of thgose doorsteps?

regards
    G

Comment

Thank you garlok, have sent letter as advised.
      12+2 days has now gone, I guess they are reluctant to comply as the card is pre 2007, is this very much a waiting came of nerves to see who gives first.
      By not complying with the section 78 is the debt unenforceable by default.

On another issue I can remember paying PPI on this card for at least 4yrs could be longer. This was'nt asked for and as I am self employed I realise was useless anyway. Maybe this is ammunution for the future.

Regards

Kysu

Comment

It's unenforceable until they comply.

Comment

Working...
        X