GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capital One????? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital One?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital One?????

Nid and Team,

I sent Capital One a request to substantiate their default that was placed on my account in Feb 2006. I never received a default notice from them. They have come back to me with the following:

"You requested copies of the executed credit agreement and a statement of your account under section 78 of the comsumer credit act 1974.

As you may be aware (This is why I contacted them as I did not receive e Default), your account went into Default on 6 February 2006 for "1282.29. You have since made a payment and we have recorded a partially settled defauolt on your credit file (Whit? I checked my bank account and paid in full in April 2006 after I moved house).

Where there is no sum which is, or will, or may become payable under the credit agreement, then the obligation to provide any documentation under the section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not apply. Therefore, on the basis of the above, we have no obligation to provide you with a copy of any documentation that you have requested.

I trust this will help you with your enquiriers.

Capital One"

What am I mean to reply to that? All I want to see is the Default that they state was placed on my account and getting nothing from them?

Anyone any advice or letter I can send them to see this Default?
    Started with a debt of £18,323.68 in May 2005. Everything now paid off but trying to sort out credit file now which is shot to bits. Now begins the journey.

Re: Capital One?????

Hiya

It drops off in a year - -- it will have no affect on you so long as current things in last 3yrs are upto date..... otherwise, if you have any recent defaults then this one will not matter cos the current ones are killing your credit file.....

I think you're worrying about things too late in its life cycle..... this was issued in Feb 2006 so it'll be gone in a year!! See my last reply regards to this - here: ---> viewtopic.php?p=18167#p18167
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X