GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Out of the blue - ruthbridge - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of the blue - ruthbridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of the blue - ruthbridge

Hi all,

I have had a good trawl through the forum and have found some good information and advice on my current situation, but need a few things confirming if you could spare me some of your knowledge

I have noted some key points from the letter

Today I received a letter from the infamous ruthbridge Ltd - they stated the following

- intrum justice has appointed experto credit Ltd to recover any and all outstanding sums

- Amount = £14,502

- experto credit may consider by way of an attractive settlement option which may reduce the sum amount

- all payments should be sent to ruthbridge Ltd

My information

- the last contact I had with lloyds for this loan was in 2003

- the balance if this account in 2003 was under £7,000

- to my knowledge I never received a ccj or default

- my credit report has been clean since 2008 (since I started to actively monitor it)

- I cannot confirm the status of my credit report before 2008 (if I had any defaults or ccj)

What I need help on

- who is actually managing the account? Ruthbridge or experto credit?

- does the 6 year rule apply to me (statute barred)

- do they normally start with a 'soft letter' like this, or do they normally mention court action etc?

Apologies for the formal bullet points, just thought it would be easier on the eyes

Thanks in advance
    Richard

Re: Out of the blue - ruthbridge

I think I would be satrting with the "prove it" letter. see HERE

Unless someone corrects, and given credit file is clean / clear, best to plead ignorance unless they come up with something.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for your speedy response Oscar - I will print the template letter, but which company do I write to?

Also, if I did have a ccj/default on my credit report until 2007/2008 would this mean I would not be covered by the 6 year rule?

Thanks again
      Richard

Comment

Send to ruthbridge as they are chasing.

So far is Statute Barred is concerened, a default is irrelevent. However, a CCJ is a different matter, and one I am not too well up on.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Another thing worth mentioning in relation to not knowing what was on my credit file before 2008

- I started a mortgage in 2004, then a new one when I moved in 2008

I guess if I had any defaults or ccj it would have been picked up my the mortgage bank?

Comment

Originally posted by Ranski View Post
            Another thing worth mentioning in relation to not knowing what was on my credit file before 2008

- I started a mortgage in 2004, then a new one when I moved in 2008

I guess if I had any defaults or ccj it would have been picked up my the mortgage bank?
            Without a doubt I would think in 2004. Possibly in 2008

Comment

Working...
            X