GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Optima - Tomlin Order Stalemate - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optima - Tomlin Order Stalemate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optima - Tomlin Order Stalemate

I'm currently negotiating a Tomlin order with Optima. They have backed down on a few things they wanted to put into the original agreement but are now holding firm on a couple of stipulations that I don't agree with.

One of these is a confidentiality agreement. I don't see why this is needed but I may be prepared to let this go.

I'm not sure if I should post the rest on here IF I am to allow that clause.

I won't go into detail but because of the way the have treated me over the last 18 months I don't trust them at all. It has taken a lot of time and aggravation to finally get them to the point where I can start paying this back with nothing added on top so I'd like to engage a solicitor to take a look at the final agreement, tell me if the clauses are reasonable and recommend any clauses that I need to add.

I've been in contact with a local solicitor. They want to charge me £500 to look over the letter and would prefer to look over the whole history of the case. This is around 18 months and 20+ letters. I've never disputed the debt or refused to make payments. I just need someone to look at the contract and maybe the last 2 or 3 letters and give me some quick contract advice.

Is there anyone that can do this? I can provide letters from both parties in hard or soft copy.

The debt is around £12,000 and I've never disputed owing the money. I believe their paperwork makes the debt enforceable.

I'm not at this stage trying to get out of paying them. Loathe though I am to hand over money to any company that treats their customers so badly.

All I've wanted from day 1 is to make manageable monthly payment towards paying off what I owe without any ludicrous add-ons like the thousands of pounds worth of legal fees and interest they have tried to add.

I don't have massive amounts of money to pay for a solicitor to go through the 18 month case history. I just want someone to look at the Tomlin order they are proposing and advise what it should and shouldn't include from my perspective.

This is the second round of amendments. They took some off but won't back down on the last 2 or 3. I've told them that I need to speak to a solicitor and this is what I'm hoping to do - I just don't want to spend thousands.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Optima - Tomlin Order Stalemate

Our preferred solicitors - contact our Moderator Paul. He can help.

Either PM or Email him....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry Niddy,
      How do I contact Paul?

Ta

EDIT: Just realised the word Paul was actually a link. Doh. I've emailed him.

Cheers
      Last edited by Legaleased; 8 September 2011, 13:55.

Comment

click his name in my post! (on here bold things = links).

I have sent you a PM as well
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Here - direct link to email him: ---> allaboutFORUMS - Email Paul.

Best of luck

Comment

Any update on this? Did Paul get back to you?

Comment

Working...
            X