GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with Nolans Solicitors - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Nolans Solicitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Nolans Solicitors

Got a phone call a couple of weeks ago from Nolans solicitors.

I've been in debt before and got it all cleared. Now I get a letter from Nolans saying I owe my university money for accommodation. I'm not sure if it was paid.

This was almost 3 years ago and they have just got in touch. Although they had the wrong address for me they managed to get a phone number. The number is for my parents address which I probably gave to the uni. I can't understand why they took 3 years to phone.

I'm beginning to get a bit worried these guys aren't going to play fair. I've just had a baby and I don't want the bailiffs knocking down the door.

The best part of this whole mess is that I've had an e-mail from the solicitor threatening court action if I don't reply by Friday and I owe them the grand total of £776.33! If they had contacted me at any point over the last 3 years I would have paid this off in a matter of months!

Can anyone give me some advice on how to handle these guys. I've gotta phone them tomorrow and try and sort this out. I'm probably going to have to pay this off but I just want to make sure I'm not going to get hit with hidden charges and wind up paying more than I owe.

Re: Help with Nolans Solicitors

Hiya

Nolans are a nightmare, I presume you're in Scotland then (or went to uni in Scotland)?

Who is the creditor, is it the student loan company or Nolans? Don't worry - you don't have to do or pay anything tomorrow, trust me!!

Please clarify if you're in Scotland as that changes things (different law)!

Im busy now but will be back online tonight so don't stress and whatever you do, do not ring them tomorrow - we'll sort this for you ok?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ps when I say Nolans are a nightmare, we can beat them so don't worry. Gerry on here beat them and so will billypre. They are basically lying bullies who abuse the legal system, based on 3 cases here all of which take that attitude.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hey

My university was the original creditor. Now they have passed it to Nolans. I do live in Scotland and I also went to University in Scotland.

If I have to pay then I have to pay I just don't understand how they can get away with waiting so long to get in touch!

Comment

I saw this thread, & thought it said 'Nolan sisters'! (Honest!!)

Where's me meds?, lol

Comment

I would sit tight for now and see what happens....

Can I check are you currently resident in Scotland or not? In any case, sit it out and let us know if/when they next send anything to you.....

Comment

Originally posted by kate4308 View Post
              Got a phone call a couple of weeks ago from Nolans solicitors.

I'm beginning to get a bit worried these guys aren't going to play fair. I've just had a baby and I don't want the bailiffs knocking down the door.
              Please try not to worry. They're not worth it and, regardless of what they might claim, they are simply not allowed to take away your baby to sell to the local glue factory.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                Please try not to worry. They're not worth it and, regardless of what they might claim, they are simply not allowed to take away your baby to sell to the local glue factory.

Comment

Interesting judgment against the notorious Nolans
                  Brilliant - thanks Gerry for updating us
                  ---> http://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/opinions/2012CSOH132.html

Comment

Working...
                  X