GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Court threat from Cabot/Mortimer Clarke Solicitors - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Court threat from Cabot/Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court threat from Cabot/Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Hi all,

I have revived this letter out of the blue. I have sent CCA request when I first started in this forum but I didnt get anything, and it has been passed around debt collectors. I have moved address but I received this now. Do I send CCA request now? and to who? vanquis or cabot or mortimer?

Thank you in advance

Click image for larger version

Name:	sloicitores.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1416698

Re: Court threat from Cabot/Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

Has a claim been issued or just that letter?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Has a claim been issued or just that letter?

Hi,
      Just this letter so far. Thanks

Comment

What's the date on that letter - it's not showing.

What does the second page say - you've only posted up the first page.

We need to see whether it's a formal Letter Before Action (with a deadline) or an introductory scare letter. Either way it needs a reply which we can't suggest until we have your answers.

How much is the debt?

Also give us a bit of history of this account please.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
          What's the date on that letter - it's not showing.

What does the second page say - you've only posted up the first page.

We need to see whether it's a formal Letter Before Action (with a deadline) or an introductory scare letter. Either way it needs a reply which we can't suggest until we have your answers.

How much is the debt?

Also give us a bit of history of this account please.

Plan B x

Thank you, the date is 14/05 I just noticed the date now, and I am now scared. Our letters are in communal area with two other flats, and sometimes, the letters slip behind the counter, It happened before or I think sometimes neighbors pick it up by mistake, and then put it back, Theses are the rest of the letter Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1408094Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	1408096Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	1408098

Comment

Also below the status of the debt. Although they are now asking for £1800 I haven't paid in more than two years, I have sent CCA but that was ignored, and I did ignore my debts for a while, and moved address. This the first time I heard of them
            Originally posted by sara2 View Post
            • Type of account- Credit card
            • Date commenced-2008
            • Approx balance- 1500
            • Date last paid- 1/11/2012
            • Are you on arrangement or not paying- not paying
            • Status- in arrears
            • Account- owner Vanquis

After a day of missed payment, they have been calling me from 5 different numbers so far, all blocked!

13/12/12 CCA sent

Comment

the date is 14/05 I just noticed the date now, and I am now scared.
              You've no need to be scared. It's a letter not a man-eating shark!

It reads like an LBA to me and it comes from a solicitor. It says you must reply within 14 days from the date of the letter which was 14th May, so they're expecting a reply from you by the 28th May.

It then says "if you do not contact us proceedings will be started."

I can't say whether they are bluffing or not, but knowing their reputation I think they may mean business.

In which case it would be wise to send our LBA Response letter to Mortimer Clarke solicitors asap i.e this afternoon if you can by recorded delivery.

We don't know anything about the history of this debt or what you have received from or replied to Cabot in the past.

If you have not already done so then I would think sending a CCA request would be sensible. That should go to Cabot with a copy to Mortimer Clarke so they know it's outstanding.

Plan B x

Comment

I have sent CCA but that was ignored
                When did you last send a CCA request and exactly what response did you get?

This matters because our LBA response letter refers to any previously sent CCA request.

Was your CCA request "ignored" as in 'no acknowledgement at all' or did they (Cabot?) write to say they couldn't come up with the documents? Have you kept a copy of that CCA request with any proof of posting?

When was this Vanquis account opened?

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  When did you last send a CCA request and exactly what response did you get?

This matters because our LBA response letter refers to any previously sent CCA request.

Was your CCA request "ignored" as in 'no acknowledgement at all' or did they (Cabot?) write to say they couldn't come up with the documents? Have you kept a copy of that CCA request with any proof of posting?

When was this Vanquis account opened?

Plan B x
                  Thanks Plan B for your reply, to be honest as I moved the paper is somewhere but I didn't send anything to Cabot it was Vanquis, and I don't remember receiving anything but can't be sure. but was sent on 13/12/12.

Comment

I've had a look back through your diary and can see the first and last post you made about this debt was in December 2012 with no updates since which is why I'm asking you all these questions, so sorry if I appear nosey

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post267120

What I can see is the account was opened in 2008 which means it's unlikely to be "UE" due to CCA request non compliance or errors etc but there may still be flaws which you can use to your advantage if you are issued with a claim. Right now you haven't been so let's try to keep it that way.

Get that LBA response letter sent off to Mortimer Clarke solicitors asap and send a CCA request to Cabot who may not have a clue when the account was opened.

Plan B x

Comment

Thanks Plan B, I will send it today

Comment

Thanks Plan B, I will send it today
                        asap......
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you guys, I have sent it yesterday, special delivery, and the CCA signed for delivery.

Comment

Working...
                          X