GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script going bankrupt with mental health problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going bankrupt with mental health problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going bankrupt with mental health problems

thinking of going bankrupt. over the last 18 months i ve ran up a lot of debt .i have lost job 2 job.s over the last 2 years my wife is not going bankrupt do i put her income ie ctc cb and bills on the soa or just mine .will she keep her own bank account that have note to do with me

thank.s for looking
    seeya

Re: going bankrupt with mental health problems

Hi Seeya, and a very warm welcome

Firstly I must say for your mental health I really hope that you are seeking the correct medical help as we only can offer support here,

Also have you sought advice from your local CAB or one of the debt charities.

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/index/getadvice.htm
    http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/
    http://www.cccs.co.uk/

regarding you SOA's is it just you or you and your wife who are going BR?

Please bare with us and someone will be along who knows a bit more than me to advise you.

Take Care

Comment

Originally posted by seeya23
      thinking of going bankrupt. over the last 18 months i ve ran up a lot of debt .i have lost job 2 job.s over the last 2 years my wife is not going bankrupt do i put her income ie ctc cb and bills on the soa or just mine .will she keep her own bank account that have note to do with me

thank.s for looking
      seeya
      Hello matey

Hows it going? Long time no see....? So whats happening, last I heard I done you two letters to send to the two ccj's or defaults whatever - then nothing (cos we left mse)...

Why are you considering BR mate - what has happened? Have you quit sainsburys..? Listen whatever happens, you know we're here for you right? Me included matey. ;-y
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hiya seeya.

Thinking about bankruptcy is a mine field of questions isn't it. What if? What happens? It's scary because you don't want to do anything wrong mixed with being afraid because it feels so overwhelming.

Knowledge really is power so keep askng away but follow what loo said about free debt advice. For me, I used National Debtline, plus if you do go bankrupt you will have to show that you have sought professional advice to get the order granted.

They may be other avenues other than bankruptcy, plus you already know nid. Maybe a DRO would match your requirements?. All these things need to be talked about with full facts and figures so you know exactly which way you need to turn with the pro's.

If it is bankruptcy than you have to persue and it's just you needing to go BR when filling in the SOA you need to put down the full house hold bills and expenses, your full income and what your other half contributes to those bills. This is purely to see what you're paying, what income you have in proportion to the debt/expenses and whether your other half is paying a fair amount to the bills.

All that is way down the line but wanted to give you a little forsight as I know what it's like to have these questions playing around in your head.

Good to see you posting here. Go on, give one of the debt charities a call

Comment

Hello seeya23 and Welcome, I would contact CAB as this is face to face and they will help you with what option is right for you. If they suggest BR they will help you fill out the forms and with your health issues they can also get your medical files if needed to help you too.

If we can help with anything or you just want a chat we are all here for you x

Citizens Advice Bureau - Website: Click Here or visit your local CAB centre.
          To find nearest CAB centre to you - Click Here

Best wishes
          If...x
          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

thanks for all your replys the thing is im not very well at the moment i ve had to phone the crisis team tonight for help

Comment

hiya seeya see you've already had some good advice from sunny & IF, sorry to hear its a rough time BUT glad to hear your in touch with the crisis team thats what they're there for & hopefully will help

do you have a keyworker or a CPN? they can access CAB etc far easier and faster than anyone else can they can hopefully take the worry of you sorting it yourself away

your in the right place now..get yourself sorted & everything else will fall into place trust me
              (speaking as a bi-polar sufferer as well)

Comment

Working...
              X