GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script High Court Enforcement Officer - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Court Enforcement Officer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Court Enforcement Officer

Does anyone have any experience of these? As my CCJ wasn't from a CCA, Spreadex are threatening to get one and I was told they are actually more powerful than a normal bailiff and just break in to take stuff??

Re: High Court Enforcement Officer

I haven't had any deaings with them but have a look here and here

Sorry if you've posted this elsewhere but have you not been paying your CCJ?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks I've found this from your link - National 'standards' but aren't legally enforceable.

Mode of entry
      57. Enforcement agents should not seek to gain peaceable entry to premises under
      false pretences; for example asking to use the toilet, or to use the telephone.
      They should be clear as to why they are seeking entry to the premises.

58. Enforcement agents should only enter premises as part of the enforcement
      process.

59. Enforcement agents must only use a door or usual means of entry to enter
      premises.

60. A power to enter premises by force exists for the execution of High Court and
      County Court debts at business premises or at any premises where an
      enforcement agent is enforcing criminal penalties. This power should only be
      used to the extent that it is reasonably required and only after the debtor has
      been warned that the power exists and the consequences of a wilful refusal to
      co-operate.

So is that high court debts anywhere, plus County at Business - or High Court & County at Business only? Not very clear???

The website just says entry into residential is limited, but doesn't say what to! As I've got stuff in my house to sell on, I'd be better off paying to go bankrupt than dealing with these lot if they can break in (they won't know where I live, but it shouldn't take too much digging to find out!).

Spreadex want £500 a month because I'm employed and they won't budge! So haven't had anything because I've only just got the new job.

Comment

£500 a month! Was that amount set by the judge determining the CCJ?

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 1NightInIbiza View Post
          Does anyone have any experience of these? As my CCJ wasn't from a CCA, Spreadex are threatening to get one and I was told they are actually more powerful than a normal bailiff and just break in to take stuff??
          A HCEO serious, yes. They have very strict rules to abide by and Cloggy can probably help you run circles around them however the OC must first obtain a CCJ and you must fail the CCJ prior to any HCEO being instructed....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I think he's already got the CCJ and isn't paying it

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
              I think he's already got the CCJ and isn't paying it

However, if it is set too high then get to the court and change it via variation (??) to reduce the amount each month.....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by 1NightInIbiza View Post
                The website just says entry into residential is limited, but doesn't say what to! As I've got stuff in my house to sell on, I'd be better off paying to go bankrupt than dealing with these lot if they can break in (they won't know where I live, but it shouldn't take too much digging to find out!). Spreadex want £500 a month because I'm employed and they won't budge! So haven't had anything because I've only just got the new job.
                Do you live alone or with another? If with another then see a solicitor and sign an undertaking that nothing in the house belongs to you..... they're buggered then

However long term, I would redetermine the repayments, it's not up to Spreadex it is the judge who determines the amount you repay and they will not make you pay £500 a month mate - fact!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Do you live alone or with another? If with another then see a solicitor and sign an undertaking that nothing in the house belongs to you..... they're buggered then
                  Genius! All the best with this 1nightinIbiza
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I found the form. What's the fee, can't see it. It just says 'You will have to pay a fee'.

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u...s/n245-eng.pdf

It doesn't look like that gives any details for my expenses. So do they just set an amount? Or do I include I&E from stepchange etc?

Comment

Ok my wonderful computer only downloaded half the form!

Looks like the full form is here: http://www.ashleypark.co.uk/%5CDocum...der_(N245).pdf and a £35 fee.

If I post that in on Tuesday will that then stop HCEOs or do I have to do more while waiting for it to be agreed etc?

Comment

I guess it's been sent? Please clarify.....

If so and the HCEO is onto you then ring and tell them you've made an application to vary the order and suspend HCEO bailiffs. Record the call if you can

Keep a copy by your door in case they do show up.

Comment

Thank you, so far all I have is a threat to involve HCEO's if they don't get their money in 14 days. After that I believe I get a notification that the HCEO's will be coming, before they do? By which time, the order will hopefully be sorted. I've got a copy of my form

Anyone know how long they usually take to respond?

Thanks

Comment

You'll be alright now (touch wood)

keep us updated

Comment

Thanks

I will soon not be at the address I've given, I'm hoping the decision comes through before I move out. I don't really want to keep paying for a mail redirect - although I may have to, nobody knows about this address and I don't want to update the bank etc. 2 adults live here (now 3) so there are no tax/benefits implications or anything like that, I just don't want any HCEO's/DCAs etc rocking up - and as my credit file is trashed there's no point being on the electoral roll until they force me to.

NID - what's the virtual address prices? I can't access the link on the homepage. I'd be interested in purchasing/seeing further details

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X