GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Received my PIP form today - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received my PIP form today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received my PIP form today

I just received my PIP form today and im not going through with it , just had a massive panic attack reading all about the assessment i can't cope with this anxiety over this and waiting for the assessment will cause me more illness im in tears here and there is no way im going to put a claim in i just cna't do it

Re: Claiming PIP & expecting ATOS will Force us to Appeal

Hold fire and there will be someone here I am sure that can help you with it. Once its done you can relax about it and with the bit of help it gives you with your finances that will also reduce the anxiety xx
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Re: Received my PIP form today

Hi S2M, I've moved your post to your own thread. I am sorry, it is a stressful time filling in forms

Best wishes
      IF
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Hi S2M. Is there anyone at Open Minds who could help you with filling in the form? I think the short term stress of completing the form and having the assessment would be woth it in the long run xxx
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi S2M

Sending you a big hug, try not to worry to much the form is daunting and a little scary and I think a lot of people are put off by the amount of information required that many give up and feel the same way you do, but if you have health issues and need the extra support then you should make a claim, take one page at a time and just be honest and give as much detail as possible backed up with any supporting evidence you have, you will feel a huge sense of achievement once you have completed the form.

I have been through the whole process myself and for me the form filling was the worst part, just take your time and maybe get someone to help you. I typed up everything first so that I could go through it and change things, then once I was happy I printed out each answer to the relevent question and wrote on the form 'please see attached'. Each form is bar coded and relevant to you only so you will have to write some details on the form.

There are some awful horror stories out there about the whole process and by the very nature of the process no one writes about the good experiences. I have successfully helped several people through the process so if I can be of any assistance please ask and I will try to help.

Most importantly try not to worry to much your health will suffer and no bloody form is worth that much. You have about a month from the date on the form to return the application although you can ask for an extension in special circumstances, so maybe aim for a couple of questions a day and it won't seem quite so overwhelming.

Big Hugs and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Hi S2M. Is there anyone at Open Minds who could help you with filling in the form? I think the short term stress of completing the form and having the assessment would be woth it in the long run xxx

The has to be back by 27 Feb and my next appointment is 7 March unless i can as them to help me before my next appointment xx

Comment

Originally posted by clueless24 View Post
              Hi S2M

Sending you a big hug, try not to worry to much the form is daunting and a little scary and I think a lot of people are put off by the amount of information required that many give up and feel the same way you do, but if you have health issues and need the extra support then you should make a claim, take one page at a time and just be honest and give as much detail as possible backed up with any supporting evidence you have, you will feel a huge sense of achievement once you have completed the form.

I have been through the whole process myself and for me the form filling was the worst part, just take your time and maybe get someone to help you. I typed up everything first so that I could go through it and change things, then once I was happy I printed out each answer to the relevent question and wrote on the form 'please see attached'. Each form is bar coded and relevant to you only so you will have to write some details on the form.

There are some awful horror stories out there about the whole process and by the very nature of the process no one writes about the good experiences. I have successfully helped several people through the process so if I can be of any assistance please ask and I will try to help.

Most importantly try not to worry to much your health will suffer and no bloody form is worth that much. You have about a month from the date on the form to return the application although you can ask for an extension in special circumstances, so maybe aim for a couple of questions a day and it won't seem quite so overwhelming.

Big Hugs and good luck.
              Thank you , my health issues are panic anxiety and agoraphobia , been like this since aged 4 i even have a phobia of medication , so i just don't know what to answer on the form for all this , but i need someone with me when i go out or i just can't go out as i panic and have to hold onto a fence and lose my balance .

Comment

I would suggest that you ask your GP to write a brief letter saying that if a face to face assessment is deemed necessary that due consideration should be given to a home assessment to lessen the impact on your mental and physical well being and that it would cause great harm to you if you had to travel.
                If you give written permission to a friend they can make an appointment at the GP's and go and discuss this on your behalf. Most GP's won't charge for this.
                As for the form head up each problem and then list what happens, ie; Panic Attacks I struggle to breath, my heart races, I feel sick, I feel unsafe and scared etc and I have to return to my home, this happens repeatedly I am unable to do this by myself in a reasonable time frame and safetly. Just list every tiny detail when you describe what happens, that way they will get a good picture of your problems.
                If you can manage to get through the form one step at a time the assessment will be the easy part.
                Having a phobia about taking medication is a real illness and can cause huge problems so don't diminish that when you are explaining things.
                I know it's very hard for you but try to stay strong and work through things one step at a time.
                Hugs

Comment

That's a great idea , a doctors letter can go a long way , xxxx
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by clueless24 View Post
                    I would suggest that you ask your GP to write a brief letter saying that if a face to face assessment is deemed necessary that due consideration should be given to a home assessment to lessen the impact on your mental and physical well being and that it would cause great harm to you if you had to travel.
                    If you give written permission to a friend they can make an appointment at the GP's and go and discuss this on your behalf. Most GP's won't charge for this.
                    As for the form head up each problem and then list what happens, ie; Panic Attacks I struggle to breath, my heart races, I feel sick, I feel unsafe and scared etc and I have to return to my home, this happens repeatedly I am unable to do this by myself in a reasonable time frame and safetly. Just list every tiny detail when you describe what happens, that way they will get a good picture of your problems.
                    If you can manage to get through the form one step at a time the assessment will be the easy part.
                    Having a phobia about taking medication is a real illness and can cause huge problems so don't diminish that when you are explaining things.
                    I know it's very hard for you but try to stay strong and work through things one step at a time.
                    Hugs

My doctor has it all down from 1972 and i had to go to a special school because of the anxiety disorder , the first one was down South the second one was only 40 minutes from home but i have suffered all my life and never really had an easy time , my husband can't go anywhere for long and leave me , and when he is at work he has to phone during the day and is on facebook chat just to stay in touch with me, also my son comes round everyday apart from Monday and Wednesday when my husband doesn't work , last night my husband slept on the sofa as i had to sleep in the chair because of a panic attack which was caused by me twisting my lower back and the pain was so horrendous i couldn't move and had a massive panic attack, i know i will just sit crying through the assessment because of my anxiety .

My doctor said last Wednesday that if i feel brave enough to take the medication i can go sit in the surgery take the tablet and he will monitor me for a few hours to make sure i am okay that's how bad it is , but i haven't had the courage to do that either .

Comment

Hi s2m, sorry things are so bad, could a family member fill in the form with you? As clueless suggested, a question a day may ease the pressure. Xxx

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                        Hi s2m, sorry things are so bad, could a family member fill in the form with you? As clueless suggested, a question a day may ease the pressure. Xxx
                        my husband will fill it in it was him that phoned up to apply as i get anxious x

Comment

Good advice from Clueless (who is anything but!) and good to hear from someone who has personal experience.
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Hi Spent2much,
                            I'm not sure if you have filled in the form yet but if not make sure you just fill in the sections slowly, just add all information about your illness no
                            matter how small or trivial as the information you put on the form will give them a good picture of your health. I have Spondylitis and Hip Dysplacia so when filling in
                            the form I went on about my mobility my needs and all my medication as well as the mental stress due to poor sleep and pain and also mention any side effects from
                            your medication.

I was asked to go for the assessment some 50 miles away from my home so when I called to have WW3 I got a really nice young lady telling me they will put it to
                            the team and I will get a home visit.
                            When you have your assessment just make sure you have someone with you, the people they send are OK but just make sure you keep the dialogue to the basics
                            and don't let them change your answer.......If you say you can't cook don't let them say you can cook a bit as that is the tactics they do use.

I filled the form in last October and by end of November I had received my notification .

I have the pip questions save as a word document if you need it.

Good luck

nick0

Comment

Thanks Nick0

I have just started getting over lower back muscle spasms all related to anxiety and was at A&E last Saturday into early morning i collapsed up stairs as i got out of bed because i had a panic attack and my husband had to nearly carry me down the stairs and into the car , i have been sleeping on the chair in the lounge and hubby has been sleeping on the futon on the floor, i also suffer tinnitus , sleep apnea and sleep paralysis which my doctor says are all related to the same illness 'anxiety '

During the back spasms i am unable to do anything at all and my husband has to dress me , help me in and out of bed , i have a bed grab bar which helps me to get in and out of bed while im recovering .
                              I don't get the spasms often in fact this is the second time in maybe 2 years but when i get them i am off my feet , i need to use a camping toilet downstairs and then when im recovering and able to sleep in the bed i use the bed the grab bar , but still my husband has to be woken up to help me out of bed and to the camping toilet and this can be 3- time during the night , if im well enough to cope on my own a few days after the spasms begin he will go to work and he will bring me pre cooked food and bottles of water so i don't have to keep getting up to the kitchen and the camping toilet is right next to the chair where i have sit . I have to have an electric heater at my feet because the back spasms cause me to go into shock and i get freezing cold and shiver so need to stay warm .

shall i put these things down on the form ?
                              I would like the PIP save form please .
                              Last edited by Spent2much; 13 February 2016, 09:07.

Comment

Working...
                              X