GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script So, SO INTERIORS - where's my dining table??! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, SO INTERIORS - where's my dining table??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, SO INTERIORS - where's my dining table??!

I ordered a dining table and chairs from SO INTERIORS on 16th November. Delivery was stated as 7-10 days, and that a courier would ring before this time to arrange delivery.

Nothing happened, so last Friday I was going to ring them - only to find that they

don't display our phone number because our aim is to give you the lowest possible prices and to help us achieve our goal we don't operate expensive call centres which means we can pass these savings on to you.
    If you would like to speak with one of the team simply complete the contact form below and a member of our team will call you back.
    I did a bit of hunting and found a phone number for them: 01642 903703. However when I tried to ring it just said "We are unable to connect you"
    Alarm bells starting to ring

So (Friday) I sent a message via the contact form on the website, which promised a response within 48 hours, asking for a firm delivery date within 48 hours etc. Still no response.
    A bit more digging, and apparently they were previously called SEE INTERIORS, and had an Amazon Store which has now closed down.

Found this review of See Interiors: http://www.yell.com/biz/see-interior...ngham-6855160/

Thing is, I gave my old dining table away as I needed a space saving drop leaf one, so now we have nothing to eat Christmas dinner on!
    Spurred on by this, I emailed them yesterday:
    Subject: ORDER NUMBER xxxxx - IMPENDING CANCELLATION UNLESS YOU RESPOND.
    I contacted you via your website last Friday (28th November 2014) but have had no response.

I am surprised to find that you have no customer service phone number, otherwise I would have phoned you.

This item is advertised as delivered within 7-10 days, and that a courier would contact me to arrange delivery. It is now 16 days and no contact has been made by anyone, nor have I had any response from you.
    I am becoming very concerned as I have sold my old dining table and now have nothing to use on Christmas Day.
    Time is passing, and unfortunately if I do not hear from you within 24 hours confirming a forthcoming delivery day prior to Christmas I will have no alternative but to make a complaint via Paypal and request a refund, so that I can purchase something elsewhere.
    Please reply by email and give a contact number if possible.

The 24 hours expires at 1.30pm and still no response

I've found the same model on a website I've used before, with a 10% discount offer today only.
    I'm very tempted to say sod it now, start a Paypal dispute for a refund after 1.30pm, and order another table today.
    If I leave it much longer I won't get delivery in time for Christmas...
    I'm just a bit concerned in case the first table turns up unannounced!

Has anyone else had dealings with this company?

Elsa x

Re: So, SO INTERIORS - where's my dining table??!

Did you buy from ebay or their store and when you used paypal did you pay with bank / balance / debit / credit card?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Tweet them as well

https://mobile.twitter.com/so_interiors
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

not had any dealings,
        you tried to contact them and gave them 24 hrs to reply, as the delivery date is passed I would start a complaint and reclaim, if said table then turns up refuse delivery, they gave you a 7-10 day time frame, they have gone over without any contact, contract broken,
        there again this is bolshy bitch speaking, I am the woman who after giving a jeweler my watch to fix(bought from them and only worn once) was told it will take a fortnight, so went back 'no watch'' 4th week' phoned the head office and asked for the repair shop number after some haggling was given it, phoned them, they had lost it, went to the shop," it's not back yet " it will be here tomorrow asked for the manager" he will be here tomorrow", went back to work phoned their head office asked to speak to the area manager explained that the watch was an anniversary gift,what had gone on and said I will be going to the shop tomorrow and I want the money refunding or i will sit in the shop all day and tell people what had happened, you can have your money or a replacement was his answer. Next day the manager was trying to give me a voucher, cash or new watch I said, BUT!!!!, I sat in a chair and told him to phone his area manager, he came back and asked if I would like a new watch for a higher value, you bet!!!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Did you buy from ebay or their store and when you used paypal did you pay with bank / balance / debit / credit card?
          Paypal transferred it from my Debit Card. The beggars debited it on the day of purchase too, rather than when dispatched.
          I bought it directly from their website.
          Still no response.

Comment

That's odd.
            I submitted my complaint to Paypal.
            I got the email acknowledgement from Paypal at 3pm and at exactly the same time an auto generated email from So Interiors, headed
            Your Credit Memo #xxxxx for Order #xxxxx

Nothing about the complaint, just:
            "Thank you for your order from So Interiors. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account. If you have any questions about your order please contact us at enquiries@sointeriors.co.uk."
            Followed by the order details.

Status has just been saying "processing" since my order up to this morning...now it says "complete"

What are they up to???

Comment

Hi Elsa,
              fingers crossed it has now been dispatched but for some reason they haven't advised you of that yet. Perhaps they are really busy and haven't had time to reply to you, although it doesnt sound good does it. I would be inclined to raise a dispute with Paypal and that might make them realise you are concerned and if they have gone through then you have started the ball rolling.

Looks like their email server is responding:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sointeriors_smtp.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1406360
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks SA, yes it's all very odd. Things are happening though as we speak. Now on my account with them it says refunded. However looks like they've charged me for the honour:
                Subtotal £200.95
                Adjustment Fee £4.02
                Grand Total £196.93
                We'll see about that!
                Nothing's landed in my Paypal account yet though...

Comment

How strange. Fingers crossed it turns up in your Paypal account soon so you can find a replacement
                  When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

It might be a credit note in which case raise a dispute via paypal. Might be best. Let them dictate to the firm.

Maybe tweet a link to this thread on their Twitter account. Name and shame the buggers.

Clearly they're small time who go and buy stock after you've paid. If not theyd respond to you with details of your order.

#amateurs

Comment

Could take a few days for it to get to my Paypal account. I'll keep my eye on them.
                      So odd that the refund was generated ? automatically at the same time as my Paypal complaint was submitted. Maybe they're getting multiple complaints, too many to handle individually.
                      I will tweet the twits if I've any further problems.
                      Meanwhile I'm going to order the other table any way, to take advantage of my 10% discount offer

Beginning to wish I hadn't got rid of my lovely antique yew table!

Comment

So...I ordered the same table and chairs from World Stores, whom I've dealt with before. It will be delivered tomorrow!

11.30 last night SO Interiors emailed me:
                        Good evening,

I sincerely apologise for the delay. If Julian Bowen were to dispatch
                        your order tomorrow with the delivery timescale of 7-10 days, would we
                        be able to continue?

Kind regards,
                        SO I emailed back:
                        Thank you for replying. However, I'm most sorry but it's too late.
                        As I received no response by yesterday afternoon I felt I had no alternative
                        but to start a Paypal dispute and will have to escalate it to a claim unless
                        I receive a refund.
                        I was promised delivery within 7-10 days 18 days ago, and the total lack of
                        communication is worrying, therefore I'm not prepared to risk continuing
                        with you in case there are further delays.
                        I urgently need a table for Christmas, I am ill and am not able to go out
                        shopping for one, therefore I have just ordered the same table elsewhere
                        online and it will be with me tomorrow.

Please therefore take this email as notice of cancellation and arrange for
                        the immediate refund of the full amount to my Paypal account, upon which I
                        will cancel the Paypal dispute.
                        I would appreciate if you would respond and confirm that this has been
                        actioned.

Thank you for your help.
                        Kind regards,
                        Let's hope I don't end up with 2 tables..

Comment

Glad you got it sorted in the end Elsa

Comment

I'm pleased it's sorted too Elsa

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post

Let's hope I don't end up with 2 tables..

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Glad it's sorted out Elsa
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                              X