GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ROYAL MAIL RECORDED DELIVERY - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROYAL MAIL RECORDED DELIVERY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROYAL MAIL RECORDED DELIVERY

3 weeks to deliver to an addresse a 1st Class Recorded Delivery Card (C5 size), after complaints to them via their site & E-Mail, receiving fill in our form (Which I responded that I will not waste my time as in the past no response from them regarding lost letter form) on more than one occassion. also Pointed out contract on payment of fees constituted an official agreement, not May or If!s.

Sending response to their template e-mails to Find the Letter and deliver = 3 attempts to shout at them , Low and behold 3 weeks later it suddenly gets delivered (Not Re-delivered).

Contents of the said card was Bereavement details & financial assistance, albeit late once receiver finally got it , funeral 3 weeks before i.e. 3 days after origninal posting.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: ROYAL MAIL RECORDED DELIVERY

Given the circumstances and the distress it may have has caused, I would be making a formal complaint in writing. The address is Royal Mail Customer Services, FREEPOST, Plymouth PL9 7YB

If you get no joy with that then email the CEO moya.greene@royalmail.com

3 weeks is totally unacceptable.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Is there any history of them trying to deliver it? If the recipient is out on the first attempt they leave a "While you were out" card and the onus is on the person to either collect it from the sorting office or arrange a redelivery.

If it's not collected (or redelivered by arrangement) then it gets sent back after 18 days.

Could it have been languishing in the sorting office all this time and your complaint prompted them to make another attempt voluntarily?

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
        Is there any history of them trying to deliver it? If the recipient is out on the first attempt they leave a "While you were out" card and the onus is on the person to either collect it from the sorting office or arrange a redelivery.

If it's not collected (or redelivered by arrangement) then it gets sent back after 18 days.

Could it have been languishing in the sorting office all this time and your complaint prompted them to make another attempt voluntarily?

Sending response to their template e-mails to Find the Letter and deliver = 3 attempts to shout at them , Low and behold 3 weeks later it suddenly gets delivered (Not Re-delivered).

NOTE: Not Re-delivered, no cards or anything to show attempt to deliver, their E-Mails state sorry but unable to locate/track it as it is not tracked BUT Allow 15 days for delivery, if we had known we had to go past the recepiant 2 weeks ago before we found out non delivery, .
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 26 July 2014, 08:31.

Comment

Working...
        X