GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advice needed. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed.

Basically I have been on a DMP for a while now and though it still has a way to go before it ends a lot of the defaults on my credit report are due to fall off in the next 9 months. This would then show only £3000 of debt on my file. I was hoping to try and settle this amount in the way of a full and final offer. Once these have been settled would that mean I would then be in a position to apply for future credit so I could try and offer F & F offers to the other creditors on the DMP who will no longer be showing on my credit report?

thanks in advance

Re: Advice needed.

silly question from me but,, Why would you want to go into debt to pay them off??

if they are accepting the low repayments then why not stick to that and save up the money,
    if you apply for credit to pay them off you will be paying intrest and a higher repayment ammount.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I fully get where you are coming from but was looking at a way of clearing the bad debt( I know all debt is bad) and giving me a fresh start where I can comfortably afford to repay any future lending. I suppose it is just a state of mind thing where I won't feel the burden of having these bad debts and the potential threat of court action hanging over me. One of the reasons I asked was because I had a Full and final offer made to me which was less than 50% and thought this may be a viable thing to consider.

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
      silly question from me but,, Why would you want to go into debt to pay them off??

if they are accepting the low repayments then why not stick to that and save up the money,
      if you apply for credit to pay them off you will be paying intrest and a higher repayment ammount.

Comment

Originally posted by scottygees View Post
        I fully get where you are coming from but was looking at a way of clearing the bad debt( I know all debt is bad) and giving me a fresh start where I can comfortably afford to repay any future lending. I suppose it is just a state of mind thing where I won't feel the burden of having these bad debts and the potential threat of court action hanging over me. One of the reasons I asked was because I had a Full and final offer made to me which was less than 50% and thought this may be a viable thing to consider.
        You can accept their offer of less than 50% !
        Then either reduce your payments by 50% or give them a revised pay off date BUT NOW at 50% of what is owed!
        Thank them for appreciating your STRUGGLES to pay the existing AMOUNT! Perhaps they might consider now writing off the remainder!!!

Don't give them a sniff at the possibility of your raising the money! Because thats as good as opening the door to the Lions Cage!

Comment

I like what you are saying and will try that approach. Many Thanks

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          You can accept their offer of less than 50% !
          Then either reduce your payments by 50% or give them a revised pay off date BUT NOW at 50% of what is owed!
          Thank them for appreciating your STRUGGLES to pay the existing AMOUNT! Perhaps they might consider now writing off the remainder!!!

Don't give them a sniff at the possibility of your raising the money! Because thats as good as opening the door to the Lions Cage!

Comment

So I have had a reply from Cabot basically saying "get stuffed". Any further advice?

Comment

So I have had a reply from Cabot basically saying "get stuffed". Any further advice?
              Just Halve their repayments as per their original 50% OFFER and which you have Accepted in writing!
              Save the remaining 50%!!

No need to reply!
              Last edited by Roger; 24 March 2017, 23:09.

Comment

Read this and then left after some frantic facepalming - I thought you guys were clued up on the process.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Read this and then left after some frantic facepalming - I thought you guys were clued up on the process.

Ah a smack on the wrists from Niddy!

You need to put yourself in charge and not engage in letter ping pong with them!
                  You want to get Debt Free and this site has a brilliant track record with doing just that.
                  Start a EU Diary with these remaining Debts and you will get good advice.
                  Last edited by Roger; 25 March 2017, 09:39.

Comment

Haha noooo just found it funny. Wasn't chastising anyone.

Anyway, spot on Roger - best bet is tell us a bit more and we'll try help. If it's your last debt and you want rid then fine take a deal - but if they're happy to go 50% then trust me, they'll go further
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This is one of a number of debts outstanding . I won't be engaging in anymore email tennis with them. As far as being clued up on the process I think I need a bit of coaching/advice etc as to what I should be doing. I have been on a DMP for some years now and the majority of the debts have been passed to DCA to either collect on behalf of original debtor or bought by the DCA.

i apologise for my Naivety and would appreciate any advice that is given. I hasten to add I get quite anxious where these debts are concerned and the last thing I want to do is jeopardise my family because of them.

many Thanks

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Haha noooo just found it funny. Wasn't chastising anyone.

Anyway, spot on Roger - best bet is tell us a bit more and we'll try help. If it's your last debt and you want rid then fine take a deal - but if they're happy to go 50% then trust me, they'll go further

Comment

This is one of a number of debts outstanding . I won't be engaging in anymore email tennis with them. As far as being clued up on the process I think I need a bit of coaching/advice etc as to what I should be doing. I have been on a DMP for some years now and the majority of the debts have been passed to DCA to either collect on behalf of original debtor or bought by the DCA.

i apologise for my Naivety and would appreciate any advice that is given. I hasten to add I get quite anxious where these debts are concerned and the last thing I want to do is jeopardise my family because of them.

many Thanks
                        Niddy is pointing out thatCabot would go further than 50% if that is what you want.

There is no harm in setting these debts out in UE style because you will get good advice with each one.

I myself delayed starting my Diary just over a year ago and today I am in a far better place than when I started!

With Cabot THEY made an Offer to you! They know that these are distressed Debts! So its perfectly reasonable for you to write back as you have done!
                        Writing back 'get stuffed' opens the door for you to make a formal complaint to the Regulator! Because they in writing said they would accept only 50%!!!

However why not set all these debts out and get good advice on each debt (including settlement advice). This site uses the Consumer Law to protect Us.

Its your choice but we have all been here!

As for my advice it holds true "..Just Halve their repayments as per their original 50% OFFER and which you have Accepted in writing! Save the remaining 50%!! No need to reply! "
                        Niddy points out however that in His experience Cabot would go below 50%!!

Good Luck Roger

Comment

So when you say set them out ,do you mean list them all on this site for someone to look over? If so what information should I include?

i am also looking at finally sending for CCA on these. Should I hold fire on these until I have listed my debts on here?

many Thanks.

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                          Niddy is pointing out thatCabot would go further than 50% if that is what you want.

There is no harm in setting these debts out in UE style because you will get good advice with each one.

I myself delayed starting my Diary just over a year ago and today I am in a far better place than when I started!

With Cabot THEY made an Offer to you! They know that these are distressed Debts! So its perfectly reasonable for you to write back as you have done!
                          Writing back 'get stuffed' opens the door for you to make a formal complaint to the Regulator! Because they in writing said they would accept only 50%!!!

However why not set all these debts out and get good advice on each debt (including settlement advice). This site uses the Consumer Law to protect Us.

Its your choice but we have all been here!

As for my advice it holds true "..Just Halve their repayments as per their original 50% OFFER and which you have Accepted in writing! Save the remaining 50%!! No need to reply! "
                          Niddy points out however that in His experience Cabot would go below 50%!!

Good Luck Roger

Comment

So when you say set them out ,do you mean list them all on this site for someone to look over? If so what information should I include?

i am also looking at finally sending for CCA on these. Should I hold fire on these until I have listed my debts on here?

many Thanks.
                            Yes set them out as follows then advice will be on individual Cases.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-Read-me-First!

Type of account (credit card/loan)Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)
                            Approx balance
                            Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
                            Are you on arrangement or not paying
                            Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
                            Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                            X