GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script General whinge about credit reporting and MONEYWAY Finance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General whinge about credit reporting and MONEYWAY Finance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General whinge about credit reporting and MONEYWAY Finance

I want to have a moan about the bleeping CRAs and their monkeyspank clients.

I was 4 days late with a car loan payment, tops, and they banged on a "1" missed payment marker.

In my view stuff like that should be filed when borrowers are seriously late paying or maybe even 1 month in arrears, not 4 days late with the full contractual payment.

When I emailed the car finance people explaing that it was a few short days and a lot of that was due to my salary going in late after the Bank Holiday. Finance with MONEYWAY - DON'T USE THEM.

They emailed back saying they couldn't speak to me because of the Data Act and I had to call them.

Which I did. And I was told by the kid (some 16 year old probably) that he had no authority to remove the marker and that he would ask his boss who had the power to do that to call me back. Which of course he never did.

So now I have this late payment marker on my CRFs for more than six years because its 4 years on the contract plus when I pay it off for a further 6 years just sat on my CRFs as Settled.
    Last edited by Blodwin; 14 June 2013, 14:16.

Re: General whinge about credit reporting and MONEYWAY Finance

I can't understand why the public allow this abuse of data to happen? Why hasn't anyone taken the CRAs to the ECJ for human rights violation? If nothing else why can't it be for 5 years in line with Scotland? Or 2 or 3 years like many places in Europe? There should be proper legislation to make sure reporting is fair and not discriminatory - as in the case of "missed" payment markers when the chicken-chokers got paid, albeit a few days' out.

Grrrrr

Comment

Its not the CRA's in this case mate, the CRA's can ONLY add data provided to them by the source (lender). In this case your argument is with the lender but the fact is you pay in arrears so plus 4 days means you are in essence a month late. A solitary [1] on your Credit Report will not affect you so don't worry - just pay on time in future to avoid more of them.

I'm not on their side by the way, it pains me to say they are actually right in this instance
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I got more than 1 bud My files are shot to shit

What grinds is that I pay the feckers and not too late either and to be punished for that over such a life altering period of time. That sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Blodwin View Post
          I got more than 1 bud :-( My files are shot to shit

What grinds is that I pay the feckers and not too late either and to be punished for that over such a life altering period of time. That sucks
          lol, so it's not the end of the world then - that's good

I know what you mean but the problem is they know that the only way to hurt us is to piss around with our credit file.

Bastards
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            lol, so it's not the end of the world then - that's good

I know what you mean but the problem is they know that the only way to hurt us is to piss around with our credit file.

Bastards
            Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Its not the CRA's in this case mate, the CRA's can ONLY add data provided to them by the source (lender). In this case your argument is with the lender but the fact is you pay in arrears so plus 4 days means you are in essence a month late. A solitary [1] on your Credit Report will not affect you so don't worry - just pay on time in future to avoid more of them.

I'm not on their side by the way, it pains me to say they are actually right in this instance
              I was under the impression that from what i have read is a late payment is 30 days past the due date, I have lodged a complaint with Moneyway for the same issue. I phone up for help, due to a change in payment dates of wages, we came to agreement, the payment at most was 10 days late, so I was never a month behind, yet the recorded one month missed payment for each.

https://www.equifax.com/personal/edu...s%20past%20due.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrreese6018 View Post

I was under the impression that from what i have read is a late payment is 30 days past the due date, I have lodged a complaint with Moneyway for the same issue. I phone up for help, due to a change in payment dates of wages, we came to agreement, the payment at most was 10 days late, so I was never a month behind, yet the recorded one month missed payment for each.

https://www.equifax.com/personal/edu...s%20past%20due.
                Note:- this thread last posting was 2013?
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X