GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Re: Rejected for mobile phone contract - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: Rejected for mobile phone contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rejected for mobile phone contract

Hey, new to the hallways of these forums, but as you've probably guessed I'm hoping for some advice, I'm not after credit as such, just a mobile contact, which today I was turned down by three companies. T-mobile, Vodaphone and Orange (all done via Carphone warehouse)

Now I am more interested in the possible problem that caused this rather than finding a company that would offer me something.

In the past I've had issues with companies, A bank loan, credit card and phone company, but I haven't applied for anything for about 6 years. However I have also been without a bank account untill last week when I applied and was accepted for a Natwest Basic account, VISA DEBIT. Opened on the monday as the system crashed on the Wednesday, made me laugh

Could it be that, because the account is new, and hasn't had any regular payments to it, is way I failed to met criteria?

Also, apparently (which I say because if I did, it was years ago and I don't really remember, I have an Experian account, details which I was able to recover and access. So I'm unable to make use for its' freebie report offer. Could you recommend another company so I can finally get a handle on what's going on, and to hopefully rectify possible outstanding/bad credit.

Thanks in advance!

CPW are hard to pass. You'd have been better at P4U as they can bypass credit scores if you have a credit / debit card....

That said I'd look at Getting a paper copy £2 each - of your credit file from experian & equifax.

Let us know when u get these sorted....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Also why not go for a sim only contract i know it means you dont get the phone you want but some phones are higher scored than others
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Thank you, to all three of you. I'm currently in the middle of applying for the reports.

I really need a new phone (my current is fubar) And really could do with stable credit as well, so attempting for a phone and sim seemed viable avenue.

I shall keep you posted.

Thanks again

Comment

you can get a 30day monthly that after i believe 3 months allows you to go for a phone option as well

though dont hold me to that
          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

tried to use my new card which I thought had been activated via SMS, turns out Natwest had temperately discontinued it. (The service not my card/account). Its' now fully active, after popping into branch.

I'm guessing this was most likely the cause of refusal?

Could any confirm or dismiss this at all?

Also, would it be an idea to reapply for a contact? Though I will be looking into my current credit report still.

Comment

Don't apply yet. Wait till you get credit reports
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I went with Vodafone direct, and was amazed that they accepted me for an iPhone 4 on a£40 contract. I only applied as a drunken joke one night because my other half had one and I really wanted one badly. 2 days later it came through the post. Not sure how I passed their credit rating with a couple of ccj's but I'm not complaining and I keep my account with them Up to date.

Comment

Get yoru report but the likes of CPW etc I had issues gtting my step son mainly his moms bad criedt also they do a weird thing with your bank account they run a 1.00 charge which isn't a real charge but it checks the account to see if there is 1.00 in the account.

RBS customers have had issues therefore this could have caused that check to have not gone through.

Comment

Working...
                  X