GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Experian holding back my report - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experian holding back my report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experian holding back my report

What would be you're advice in the circumstances described below, I feel they are being difficult because they can:

They asked for some ID:

Two original documents dated within the last three months, showing your current address. Acceptable documents include: bank statements, utility bills, mortgage statements, council tax bills, credit card statements, mobile telephone bills. Photocopies and faxes cannot be accepted. AND

A photocopy of your passport, birth certificate or full UK driving license (provisional licenses cannot be accepted). You do not need to send the original.

I sent by email; scanned copies of a letter from my Bank, a letter from my utility company and the paper portion of my Driving License.

I have also provided them with a reference number for the last time they provided this report. Additionally the address on all the documents is the one that they have dealt with me (extensively) before.

I do not see the difference between sending these documents by post or email; If I was going to commit some sort of ID fraud I'd have the documents anyway so would be able to send them as well as scan then.

I consider I have met their requirements for ID, they have said that what I have provided is not acceptable and are demanding I meet their requirements.

I'm not inclined to do this as I don't trust them nor do I consider what they do as moral or lawful.Despite their refusal to meet my request they have not returned my £2

Re: Experian holding back my report

I have to agree with you frisp especially as they you have had credit reports from them before and at the same address.

I can't remember ever having to provide documents, though that was probably with Equifax not Experian.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Experian holding back my report

Usually they'll refuse if they think it's not you.

I struggle with experian. I can get the statutory report via post. Fine. But can I get online access? Nope. Why? Cos I'm the victim of ID fraud. Basically they make their own rules up. It seems when you use an address on your application that isn't on their records or differs from their records that they ask for extra ID.

I ain't bothered so long as they provide what I ask. Paper suits me.

You ought to send the ID requested if you need the report unfortunately.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X