GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Where is Cameron - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Cameron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Where is Cameron

Originally posted by garlok View Post
    Thanks for looking all that up CC. It does clarify the situation. I was in the service in the sixties hence the references to the "Riot Act" in our training. An awful lot at the time was being geared to the happenings in Northern Ireland as well.
    It was still in force then, though it had not been used for many years - audio link.

However in looking in some detail at our house insurance policy and that of our business, the companies can escape their obligations under the "Act of God" clauses which also state War, Riot, Civil Unrest and Public Disorder. I understand that the insurance companies will pay out this time but I would hate to think what next years premiums are going to be for those folk and businesses in the effected areas.
    It really ought not to make one iota of difference, as section 2 (2) of the Riot (Damages) Act 1886 (link) provides for insurance companies to be repaid from police funds and for insurance policies to continue as if no claim had been made.

Section 11 (link) states that it does not extend to Scotland or Ireland. Equally notable and significant may be the fact that it makes no provision whatever for compensation to be paid to owners of carriages (and, hence, of motor cars or public omnibuses) damaged or destroyed in the course of a riot or tumult.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
      I still hold respect for the police because where would we be without them, however amongst the crop there are like everything else a few bad apples and it would be unfair to paint them all with the same brush.
      One does not paint bad apples; one throws them away, preferably into the appropriate recycling bin.

Comment

http://www.apa.police.uk/news-releas...ot-damages-act

APA comment on Riot Damages Act

Commenting on reports that under the 1886 Riot Damages Act police authorities or their insurers could have to pay claims (or in the case of authorities, higher insurance premiums) for criminal damage incurred as a result of riots, APA Chairman Rob Garnham today, 09.08.11, said:

“The potential implications of the Riot Damages act have been of considerable concern for police authorities for a number of years. It is crucial that riot damage is quickly repaired and communities restored but in a context of cuts the public will see little sense in a shrinking police fund being diverted to pay for criminal damage.”

The cross party House of Commons Home Affairs Select Committee endorsed our view as far back as 2002 when it’s 2nd report of the session stated:

“The Riot Damages Act 1886 seems arcane and a good case has been made for repealing it. Without prejudice to any existing cases, the Government should seek to repeal the Riot Damages Act 1886”

See: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200102/cmselect/cmhaff/612/61208.htm

Comment

That may remind one of a tail wagging a dog, or of a performing monkey giving orders to his organ grinder.

Without the Riot (Damages) Act 1886, shop-keepers and householders could be left with no effective means of redress if any insurance policy they may have proves to be defective or if the insurer refuses to pay out. However, under that Act, damages can be paid from police funds even if this means fewer junkets for police authority members or less wastage on such things as police helicopters.

Comment

Is Cameron still in hiding after the Channel 4 twitter gaffe? (link)

Comment

Just found this.

OK it's a spoof but I thought some of you may find this amusing

Regards, Handy.
              Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
              Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Just seen Boris Johnson on the box.
                How much is he paid a year, and the scruffy T**T can't even buy a hairbrush.

Regards all,
                Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Should learn proper English too as his interviews are crap

Comment

Does anyone in our Capital city speak Proper English? Naw wot I mean like M8 init.

I thought by now true Londoners are an Ethnic Minority.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Just seen Boris Johnson on the box.
                      He always gives me the impression that he's wearing his hair brush.

Comment

He sets his mouth into motion too soon, rather after the manner of Giovanni Prescott. The result is a flow of utterances that, at best, could be described as a "stream of consciousness" or, at other times, "word salad"; in neither case do their remarks make much sense, whilst leaving one with the suspicion that, somewhere, there may be a padded cell from which the occupant has escaped.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          I thought by now true Londoners are an Ethnic Minority.
                          I doubt that Alexander Boris de Piffle Johnson has ever been a bladdy Landaner.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            I doubt that Alexander Boris de Piffle Johnson has ever been a bladdy Landaner.
                            Sad to Say he Hails from the Wild West Country

Comment

Well Cameron is now saying we are going in slow motion into moral decline. Yet another do as I say but not as I do comment froma professional politicain who would not know anyhting about morality, honesty ethics if the were bolted to the front roll of a steam roller that was about to run him over.

How about ALL of them leading from the front eh! National minimum wage ONLY for all politicians, senior civil servants, and slickers until the world financial crisis is over?

regards
                              Garlok

Comment

I think we have been in Moral Decline for years. A proven fact Leadership comes from the Top. No matter How good your Junior and Middle Management are (or start off) Eventually the way the Man at the Top behaves filters down the ranks.

It seems to me that if you go into Politics of any sort, Local or Mainstream Government. The Honest ones get buried very quickly as they will be a threat to the old School.

I have always wondered why the most sought after jobs in Local Government are in the Planning Department, be it elected or as a paid Council official? Could it be that this is where the biggest bungs are to be found.

I have to admit that until the other day I had never heard of the Bullingdon Club. The news that such a thing existed and had for years came as no surprise.

Just a shame that all this information which is all in the Public Domain) wasn't bandied around more before the last election.

Was David Cameron guilty of male rape?

On Friday 2006-June-09 the following tale was relayed to me. Namely it is alleged David Cameron had a homosexual relationship when he was a young man of 15-16 years with another fellow student of similar age. There is talk of a gang male rape – similar to that alleged to be part of the initiation rites in the 'Bullingdon Club' (of which Cameron was an acknowledged participant while at Oxford University). Currently I have two sources as to the veracity of this purported story – the second interpretation (flowing also from senior police provenance) suggests that Cameron's student lover committed suicide from the shock of his rape.

Does anyone hold definite proof to support or rebut these troublesome tales?

Martin Frost
                                2006-06-11

Link Cameron: An upmarket yob?

Makes for interesting reading.

Regards all, Handy.

Comment

Working...
                                X