GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Where is Cameron - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Cameron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Where is Cameron

I think it is 'reasonable force' - exactly what is classed as 'reasonable' would depend on the individual case, & it would be for the court to decide according to the evidence presented.

Comment

charity,

Exactly so you would not know your actions would be classed as self defence until many months later when it goes to court.

Comment

This petition is now back up and working and it has exceeded the government threshold by 12,000 + thus far

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/7337

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          Although Cameron said he would relax the law on self-defence and make it easier for citizens to protect there family, home and belongings the definition of self defence still remains what worries me is what exactly would be defined as self defence in a court of law because the way I see it would be very easy without clarification to cross the fence.

This needs defining so us lawful citizens know exactly what we can and what we cant do.
          Simple - don't shoot the buggers in the back, as Tony Martin did.

Comment

"What is arithmetic?"

British rioters the spawn of a bankrupt ruling elite.
            THE riots in London and elsewhere in Britain are a backhanded tribute to the long-term intellectual torpor, moral cowardice, incompetence and careerist opportunism of the British political and intellectual class.

They have somehow managed not to notice what has long been apparent to anyone who has taken a short walk with his eyes open down any frequented British street: that a considerable proportion of the country's young population (a proportion that is declining) is ugly, aggressive, vicious, badly educated, uncouth and criminally inclined.

Unfortunately, while it is totally lacking in self-respect, it is full of self-esteem: that is to say, it believes itself entitled to a high standard of living, and other things, without any effort on its own part.

Consider for a moment the following: although youth unemployment in Britain is very high, that is to say about 20 per cent of those aged under 25, the country has had to import young foreign labour for a long time, even for unskilled work in the service sector.

The reasons for this seeming paradox are obvious to anyone who knows young Britons as............Read more ---> HERE
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well we copy the sceptics in many other ways don't we? How about "Texas Law" applying here. You have committed no crime if you blast an intruder in your property with a firearm and he/she exits backwards. You must not shoot them in the back. Case for all decent people to own a 12 bore then. The little buggers would not be too happy about coming in then either.

regards
              Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                Well we copy the sceptics in many other ways don't we? How about "Texas Law" applying here. You have committed no crime if you blast an intruder in your property with a firearm and he/she exits backwards. You must not shoot them in the back. Case for all decent people to own a 12 bore then. The little buggers would not be too happy about coming in then either.
                That's not the answer.

They'd make an awful mess on one's carpets.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
                  British rioters the spawn of a bankrupt ruling elite.
                  FROM HERE[/I]
                  Perhaps Amy Winehouse was its finest flower and its truest representative in her militant and ideological vulgarity, her stupid taste, her vile personal conduct and preposterous self-pity.

Her sordid life was a long bath in vomitus, literal and metaphorical, for which the exercise of her very minor talent was no excuse or explanation. Yet not a peep of dissent from our intelllectual class was heard after her near canonisation after her death, that class having long had the backbone of a mollusc.
                  She were the People's Poet innit.

We will never forget you, Jane Goony.

Comment

Hey CC l

But B&Q would do a roaring trade in hiring those rug doctor thingys AND they could employ more disenchanted burger flippers from MaccyD's

regards
                    Garlok

Comment

Here's another bit of piffle:
                      Punishments are derisory; the police are simultaneously bullying but ineffectual and incompetent, increasingly dressed in paraphernalia that makes them look more like the occupiers of Afghanistan than the force imagined by Robert Peel.
                      Whilst that comment on police uniforms may be accurate, one must surely doubt that its author had the least idea of the uniform worn or equipment carried in in Sir Robert's day. Then, the police constable wore a cut-away tailcoat and, rather than a helmet, he wore a reinforced top hat on which he could stand to look over walls, etc.; in winter, his trousers were blue but, in summer, the trousers were white. He was armed not only with the traditional truncheon, but also with a cutlass and perhaps with a flintlock pistol or two!

Comment

Frederick Forsyth today is a very good read in the Daily Express as is his colleague on the opposite page.

What did I say earlier about a Land Army and hutted camps.He took it a stage further by saying that the staff could easily be made up of the NCOs that are being made redundant from the Armed Services who no doubt would be gald to bring some real discipline to the transgressors.

I did tell the mods the other day that he read this site l

regards
                        Garlok

Comment

More seriously though on the uniform front, CC. Here in North Wales under the idiot (you drive a vehicle therefore you are a guilty criminal now prove your innocence) Brunstrom, black shirts and baseball caps were introduced. It was not long before the more thuggery inclined types in the service starte to tuck their trousers into their boots and made themselves look as much like fascist paramilitaries as they could. Our house resounded to the sound of gunshots every Sunday morning for long periods as they trained on a police range close to us.

After 4 hours one day of the plodcopter hovering over our house I complained and was told the biggest pack of lies you could ever wish to hear. When I took issue with a local councillor, now got himself a seat on the Police Authority, who is an ex village policeman to boot, was the Police Federation represenataive for the area, he stated that he was the one responsible for getting paramilitary unfiforms introduced "because his missus was fed up with washing his normal uniform shirts"

Are all policemen this cretinous? How on earth do they expect to command respect amongst the yobs and oiks when they have mentality and intelligence as low as this and are alienating people like ourselves who are law abiding and abhor what has gone on this week.

regards
                          Garlok

Comment

Hi all, I just wonder who else has been reading this thread.

Link An Open Letter to David Cameron Nathaniel Tapley

I hope some of the comments made here have given others food for thought?

Regards all, Handy
                            Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                            Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Does anyone here think that taking away the Educational Maintenance Allowance these school leavers got when they went into further education was a good idea?

My eldest son who is now in employment got this payment each week and thinks that was a big mistake it is not a lot from £10 to £30 depending on your parents earnings however in my sons case it did help with the cost of taking part in out of collage activities etc.

I am not saying what these teenagers did was right and all they have done is dig themselves a bigger hole, but we do need to listen to them more.

Ok for some it was just wanton vandalism, theft and indeed murder but some of these are frustrated at the actions of those in Government who do not set a good example.

Many of these teenagers have come from a broken family with one parent and thus have not been taught right from wrong and go by what they see and hear and make there own judgement.

It is a right mess which ever way we look at it and thus it is not a time that we sit on our backsides and just allow it to happen there needs to be input from all so this can be mended starting from the top our government.

Regards

Comment

Excellent link Handy, It might even have been crafted by yourself in the grounds of Hooray Hall.

regards
                                Garlok

Comment

Working...
                                X