GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Where is Cameron - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Cameron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Where is Cameron

Originally posted by garlok View Post
    Well Cameron is now saying we are going in slow motion into moral decline. Yet another do as I say but not as I do comment froma professional politicain who would not know anyhting about morality, honesty ethics if the were bolted to the front roll of a steam roller that was about to run him over.
    Apart from a very few steam rollers that had a frame enclosing the front roll rather than a steering yoke, it would be quite impossible to bolt anything on to the front.

How about ALL of them leading from the front eh! National minimum wage ONLY for all politicians, senior civil servants, and slickers until the world financial crisis is over?
    It is a tempting thought, but it really would not work. The slickers would take undeclared backhanders, the mandarins would take early retirement and the politicians would take on "consultancy work" and company directorships so they would have little/no time for constituency business.

Of course, if you want to increase corruption in public life...

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      It is a tempting thought, but it really would not work. The slickers would take undeclared backhanders, the mandarins would take early retirement and the politicians would take on "consultancy work" and company directorships so they would have little/no time for constituency business.

Of course, if you want to increase corruption in public life...
      Could you increase corruption in Public Life anymore than there is already. I suppose the answer is yes. I mentioned in a previous post about the Bungs I saw in The Power Generation and Mechanical Engineering Industries. Going back to the Days of the old C.E.G.B. it was rife. Even in those days the amounts involved ran into millions. As I said once before when New Labor got into power I expected a raft of public revelations.

I am reminded of the line in the Film I'm alright Jack.(sung to the International) Oh the Working Class can Kiss my ass, I've got the Foremans Job at Last.

I'ts many years since I was a member of a union. I have seen the most voracious Firebrands accept an invitation to a company drinks party, or a paid visit to another Factory.

The most Honest Shop Steward I ever knew was also the most bent.
      I'm an Idle Barsteward he told us If I can make it easier for myself, It will get easier for you lot. I was with that firm for 4 years and the hardest job I ever did was make up the beds ready for the night shift.

How do we get an Honest Government?

Regards all, Handy.
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

The French way mate!

regards
        Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok, on getting an "honest government" View Post
          The French way mate!
          By executing some of them, pour encourager les autres?

(Yes, I do recall that was the fate of the late Admiral Byng, who wisely decided to save his fleet to fight another day and who therefore did not engage the Dutch.)

Comment

While we are on about Top people enjoying perks at public expense how about this one. LINK...Royal Navy Commander Anthony Gray found guilty of £53k fraud | Mail Online

I did read another article that says when he's dismissed the service he will get to keep his 93K Gratuity (Tax Free)and his Pension @38K pa.

It's changed a bit now but a lot of the TA's who went out to Irac and Afghanistan in the early days came home to near bankruptcy.
            Example One Chap I knew was self employed and earning really good money. His Army pay was that of an ordinary soldier. @ 1/2 of what he normally earned. He was away for nearly 7 months, and came home to a failed business and nearly lost his home and family.

It's changed now. It had to, problem is now they make up the difference between your Army pay and your civvie earnings. Good for Moral when your along side a Career Soldier that is only getting half your pay for facing the same bullets, and Cameron wants to place more burden on the TA (reservists of all arms) in order to further cost cut. Now pardon me if my maths are bad, but if you pay one man twice as much as another? could you not employ 3 men for the same outlay.

Regards all, Handy
            Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Could you increase corruption in Public Life anymore than there is already. I suppose the answer is yes. I mentioned in a previous post about the Bungs I saw in The Power Generation and Mechanical Engineering Industries. Going back to the Days of the old C.E.G.B. it was rife. Even in those days the amounts involved ran into millions. As I said once before when New Labor got into power I expected a raft of public revelations.

I am reminded of the line in the Film I'm alright Jack.(sung to the International) Oh the Working Class can Kiss my ass, I've got the Foremans Job at Last.

I'ts many years since I was a member of a union. I have seen the most voracious Firebrands accept an invitation to a company drinks party, or a paid visit to another Factory.

The most Honest Shop Steward I ever knew was also the most bent.
              I'm an Idle Barsteward he told us If I can make it easier for myself, It will get easier for you lot. I was with that firm for 4 years and the hardest job I ever did was make up the beds ready for the night shift.

How do we get an Honest Government?

Regards all, Handy.

You cant and wont - ever

They are all in it for the same reason - for what they can get out of it and will therefore do & tell the public whatever they believe the majority wants to hear and thus keep 'em there.

Remeber that this is their chosen path and once they get their shot they will milk it for what it is worth - no matter which party they represent.

Call me a cynic if you wish.

Matty

Comment

Matty, I would never call you a cynic. I have believed for years that all politicians are tarred with the same brush. As George Bernard Shaw said "Politics is the last resort of Scoundrels and Rouges".

Regards, Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  It's changed now. It had to, problem is now they make up the difference between your Army pay and your civvie earnings. Good for Moral when your along side a Career Soldier that is only getting half your pay for facing the same bullets, and Cameron wants to place more burden on the TA (reservists of all arms) in order to further cost cut. Now pardon me if my maths are bad, but if you pay one man twice as much as another could you not employ 3 men for the same outlay?
                  Yes, but you would need to employ those three men constantly, even when there was barely a need for one of them. The cannon fodder will not be in Afghanistan indefinitely and the UK has precious little of its empire left to defend so, unless the army is called upon to put Alex Salmond in his place, the number of active units in the army will be reduced in the next decade.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    Yes, but you would need to employ those three men constantly, even when there was barely a need for one of them. The cannon fodder will not be in Afghanistan indefinitely and the UK has precious little of its empire left to defend so, unless the army is called upon to put Alex Salmond in his place, the number of active units in the army will be reduced in the next decade.
                    If we are the supposed grown up Nation our politicians tell us we are, in the 21st century there should be no need for any sort of Armed Forces.

Unfortunately while ever our Leaders throw in with the US using the excuse of fighting Terrorism as a cover for stealing other Nations Oil and Land we will need our forces to do the Politico's bidding.

If we are supposedly one of the Worlds Policeman, then even at the moment I can think of several of the African nations where we would be better employed as peace keepers and defenders of democracy. Unfortunately none of these countries are rich in natural resources, or have Palaces that would require rebuilding after we had bombed them.

As to taking on Alex Salmon, if he were to resurrect the Argyle and Sutherland Highlanders, then Westminster would Lose.

Regards, Handy.

Comment

Words out of my mouth. I was also thinking of Zimbabwe (Rhodesia to me!) as I caught up with this thread this morning.

Clearly you remember the exploits of "Mad Mitch" then Handy? Gave the fuzzy wuzzys and rag heads a final warning to behave, they didn't so he sorted it.

However I have kept saying it, we live in a one party state none of them are any different. I remember during Heath's time that statements were made by politicians that a military coup could never happen in Britain. It soon came to light that it was very possible that this would happen. I took the time out and have continued to do so to examine what politicians really are saying. If they are definitive about anything, then you can be sure that the exact OPPOSITE could/may/will happen.

Another thing you may have noticed about this university bred politician we have to suffer at the moment is the psychotic eyes. Blank out the faces of Heath, Thatcher, Blair, Cameron, Osbourne (a real classic) leaving only the eyes. They are all remarkably similar, madness genetcially so.

regards
                      Garlok
                      Last edited by garlok; 18 August 2011, 07:53.

Comment

If they are definitive about anything, then you can be sure that the exact OPPOSITE could/may/will happen.
                        And you just took the words out of my mouth, did you see Osbourne's attempt at a speech yesterday on sky news clearly that man is deluded either that or he is pig headed and flatly refuses to see the ills facing this country.

Oh and I am now fooking tired of hearing them blame labour for everything seems that is his second word and its old hat, ok they have not done good towards the end however the conservatives are not exactly clean either.

Finally, with the latest news on the hacking front looks like Cameron will be facing the wrath again in the commons and PMQ's

Regards
                        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 18 August 2011, 09:30.

Comment

However I have kept saying it, we live in a one party state none of them are any different. I remember during Heath's time that statements were made by politicians that a military coup could never happen in Britain. It soon came to light that it was very possible that this would happen.
                          It very nearly happened during Wilson & Heaths time. David Stirling and his Mayfair set had every thing lined up including Agent Provocatuers who had infiltrated most of the major unions including the NUM.

David Stirling, started the SAS in WW2.

There has been a lot written on the subject including a few Dodgy Documentaries, even an article in today's Mail on Line.

Regards all, Handy.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                            And you just took the words out of my mouth, did you see Osbourne's attempt at a speech yesterday on sky news clearly that man is deluded either that or he is pig headed and flatly refuses to see the ills facing this country.
                            Even if I did watch broadcast television - which I don't - I would not watch Sky News because I believe that Rupert Murdoch is the spawn of Satan.

Finally, with the latest news on the hacking front looks like Cameron will be facing the wrath again in the commons and PMQ's
                            Not just Cameron - Osbourne also seems involved: (link)

Mr Coulson was editor of the NOTW when its story about Mr Osborne's friendship with Ms Rowe was published on 16 October 2005, including a strong denial from Mr Osborne that he had taken drugs with Ms Rowe. Two years later, the then Shadow Chancellor played a key role in the decision to recruit Mr Coulson as Mr Cameron's spin doctor following his resignation over the hacking scandal.

Mr Osborne was told by Scotland Yard in July that Mr Mulcaire had obtained his private home phone number but said he wanted police to concentrate on other potential victims of phone hacking. The Chancellor last night declined to answer questions from The Independent about whether he ever discussed with Mr Coulson the story he published about him in October 2005, or whether his personal experience of the editor as a tabloid attack dog played a role in the decision to recommend him for a job in Conservative ranks.
                            Might Coulson have known something about Osbourne that had not been published due to lack of evidence to make it "stand up", but which could nevertheless have been unfortunate to Osbourne's career?

I wonder what that might have been.

Comment

I remember during Heath's time that statements were made by politicians that a military coup could never happen in Britain. It soon came to light that it was very possible that this would happen.
                              Oh, yes. To be led by Airey Neave, it was the "Plan B" for 1978 - 1980, if Callaghan resigned and the former Viscount Stansgate took over.

As events transpired, it was not necessary; the strikes during the "winter of discontent", the apparent impotence of Jim Callaghan's government and the Saatchi & Saatchi "Labour's not working" campaign ensured a Tory victory in the 1979 election.

This may perhaps have been helped by a slush fund of over a million quid collected from the building industry (which feared becoming the next target to be nationalised) and which I understand was kept in an account at the St Nicolas Street, Aberdeen branch of the Clydesdale Bank; the account had been opened in the name of Mycroft Holmes.

Another thing you may have noticed about this university bred politician we have to suffer at the moment is the ... eyes. Blank out the faces of Heath, Thatcher, Blair, Cameron, Osbourne (a real classic) leaving only the eyes. They are all remarkably similar,
                              Yes.

The staring, wild-eyed look is one of the unfortunate side effects from chip implantation.

Comment

Personal Note: But i think Tesco is taking the piss on their employees.........Saying that without us, they wouldnt have a Job.....

Tesco Staff Make Up Time Lost After Riots
                                Staff at a Tesco store in Greater Manchester are having to make up the hours they lost when the supermarket closed during recent rioting.

The Tesco Metro at Salford Shopping City closed early on August 9, following police advice as riots closed in on the centre and concerns about looting grew.
                                After the store shut, the manager checked it was safe for staff to leave and sent them home. Employees at the Salford branch are now having to take unpaid leave or work the hours lost as a result of the shop shutting early.

A spokesperson for Tesco told Sky News: "It is national policy that when stores are closed, staff need to make up time and are given options of how to do so.
                                "We have to work on a case-by-case basis to find the best way for our staff to make up for lost time. "Options might include, taking holiday, swapping shifts, taking unpaid leave or making up the time."

The spokesperson added: "We have bent over backwards to help people keep their jobs and get them back to work as soon as possible, where others with small businesses have lost everything. "We do not think it is unreasonable to give staff options to make up money, so they are not being penalised and do not lose out."

Read more and reviews on this story HERE
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X