GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script *@&$ing junk mail leafleters! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*@&$ing junk mail leafleters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *@&$ing junk mail leafleters!

I'm on the warpath with junk mail leafleters. I'm very territorial about my private land at the best of times (get orf moi land!) and it adds insult to injury when these pricks ignore polite notices not to push their unwanted wares through my letterbox.

They have no respect for the wishes of the property owner and, when "implied license" has been revoked, THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO EVEN BE THERE!

The latest phase is that I printed out a nice flyer of my own about the fact I don't want their flyers and that they are in fact trespassing if they continue posting them against my express wishes, laminated it and stuck it on the glass panel above my letterbox with Blu-tack on Saturday. On Monday morning, it had disappeared! No trace of Blu-tack left behind, so it won't have been just blown off in the wind, it was physically removed. Who the *@&$ do these $%^£s think they are?

Am I the only one who gets peed off by this sort of thing? It's the fact that they have NO RIGHT to even be there, yet still brazenly disrespect the householder's wishes, that annoys me.

Should I just 'get a grip' and resign myself to this happening or should I take further action? I know that pursuing them for civil trespass in the courts is unlikely to have much success, and they obviously know this too. How about trying to get an ASBO served on them? Their behaviour surely is anti-social by any definition?

Re: *@&$ing junk mail leafleters!

I simply can't be bothered and just chuck it straight in the bin, but I get very little junk mail. I do know what you mean though, it's like finding out someone's letting their dog crap outside the front of your house. Now that's something worth getting the baseball bat out for.

I don't think there's much you can really do, but maybe this'll help.
    I knew someone who would send company A's junk mail to company B and so on by using any prepaid envelopes or freepost addresses found in said junk mail. He got the kick out of it knowing it'll be costing them money.

Comment

It's a daily occurrence here, oldyboy. Every supermarket and takeaway within miles issues flyers seemingly every two days. They're all stuck in a vicious circle in which their competitors dish out all this spam, so they have to as well.

In my case, they have to go up quite a number of steps to get up a fairly steep garden path to get to the door. If they could just learn to leave me the hell alone, it would save them a fair bit of effort.

Comment

I feel your pain mate. I came home one day last week and there was so much litter that some of it wedged under the door and stopped it half way.
        People always moan about spam email, although i think spam paper-mail is worse - there is nothing you can do about it. I recall reading something recently that said Royal Mail are now delivering too!
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You could always try putting this on the gate -

Click image for larger version

Name:	EC2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1392770

Seriously, I know what a pain these cretins are. I don't get that much of it, but it is still enough to cause a nuisance. All I do is put a black refuse bag down the bottom of the stairs, and then anything which comes through just gets put straight in it. When it is full, it goes out for the bin men like the rest of the rubbish. That is the most time effective way to deal with it.

The only thing the Stop Junk Mail site recommends is "revenge for the price of an envelope". That is, putting the spam leaflet in an envelope and mailing it to the spammer without a stamp. It takes too much time for me, but if there was a coordinated effort it might do something.

It really needs several people from the same neighbourhood making complaints about notices being ignored. If there is no notice on the door, they aren't doing anything wrong. If the managers had enough complaints about ignored notices, they must just tell these idiots to miss out houses which obviously aren't interested.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
            I recall reading something recently that said Royal Mail are now delivering too!
            Royal Snail do deliver junk mail, and a lot of it. There is a way to get that stopped -

Door-to-Door Opt-Out | Stop Junk Mail's Guide to Stamping Out Junk Mail

SH

Comment

nice site their scab, thanks! I see RM make it easy to help stop these menacing leaflets!
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                Royal Snail do deliver junk mail, and a lot of it. There is a way to get that stopped -

Door-to-Door Opt-Out | Stop Junk Mail's Guide to Stamping Out Junk Mail
                Indeed, but this stuff is definitely being delivered by local distributors rather than the Royal Mail (I've already opted out of that scheme). I've caught them in the act a couple of times. I have better things to do with my life than wait near the door, ready to spring out and catch them though.

The pre-paid envelopes idea is a great one but I don't seem to get any amongst these, it's mostly flyers for pizza parlours and curry houses. If I did get any pre-paid envelopes, I'd be using my favourite trick of returning them stuck to a brick.

Comment

Originally posted by missy View Post
                  I feel your pain mate. I came home one day last week and there was so much litter that some of it wedged under the door and stopped it half way.
                  People always moan about spam email, although i think spam paper-mail is worse - there is nothing you can do about it. I recall reading something recently that said Royal Mail are now delivering too!
                  It's also a security risk. They quite happily leave letterboxes crammed open with this stuff when people are away, making it obvious to all your friendly neighbourhood burglars that the property is empty.

Comment

Working...
                  X