GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Royal mail track and trace won't work - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Royal mail track and trace won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal mail track and trace won't work

sent all my CCA's off on Monday morning tried the track and trace service online and it isn't accepting any of the numbers i am so frustrated with it

Re: Royal mail track and trace won't work

Give it more time to get through the system, Spent2much.

Comment

Hmm good old royal mail!

(I sent for something online beginning of june & it arrived yest!)

Comment

Recorded only appears once they bulk-upload the pdq to the system. It's not as live as the SD system (which takes priority)....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

My track & trace sent Monday shows from the time posted that is going thru system - re-check your numbers you entered???
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
            Hmm good old royal mail!

(I sent for something online beginning of june & it arrived yest!)

Blimey that was quick oopppssss!!!!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The other one is years ago I sent a letter to the far east to O.H. saying I will be coming in two weeks, new system was express delivery out of U.K. and expres delivery other end, so I used it.

Two days later I posted a letter at the station for night mail train not under the new system - to let O.H. know my arrival details to meet me at the airport...

On arrival in the Phillipines all o.k., BUT 3 days later the special delivery letter arrived to let her know I was coming, amazing , good job I sent the 2nd letter in normal post , on arrival back in the U.K. I happened to be next door in the little Post Office and heard an area superintendant stating how good this new system was, well I pointed out the error in his statement only to be told it must of been the other end delay. I pointed out I had the letter which is tracked and stamped at the other end on the back of the envelope and showed him i.e.

1. Date arrived in the country airport sorting area.
              2. Stamped date transferred to area office = same day.
              3. Delivery day = next day.
              4. signed delivered.

Must of been a one off was the reply. I left and went for a pint.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                Spent2Much, don't stress about it, the important thing is that you have proof of postage because you sent them recorded.

The RM tracking service doesn't always work, some people have had replies to their requests when the system still doesn't show them as delivered, it's far from perfect.

Chill out, you've done your bit, they have 14 days to reply or the account will be UE, ball's on their court now!
                Happened to me, and put in complaint form handed it in, 1 year later no response Royal Mail, but a letter from the company referred to that letter so I know they had it then.

Comment

It worked yesterday it said that the item was posted at *** postcode so i just assumed it would work again this morning , I am going to the post office now so they can check them for me

Comment

Works for me today, I have checked a couple of mine that were sent on Monday.

On Royal Mail, I had a lot of problems with stuff not being delivered or so it seems, a lot of companies that receive lots of mail are allowed to sign en mass so your letter will not always show as delivered when in fact it has been, Royal Mail told me that they are working on this so that each item would eventually be able to be tracked, when they get round to this is another matter, probably when sold to TNT or UK Mail I suppose.

Comment

seen in the past signature for 20 letters all on one sheet not listed Numbers indivualy but as a result of your enquiry that is obviously includes your letter in the batch.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                        I had read that when items were sent recorded delivery to large companies they were usually bulk signed by the receptionist or security desk but when they were sent by special delivery (the expensive next day version) then they had to be signed by the addressee.

There was a thread about this somewhere... I'll see if I can find it.
                        No need, that is correct. RD can be bulk signed for but for SD a sig and print MUST be obtained by the postie, got that from the top of RM itself

Comment

I sent a parcel via RD,
                          It took 4 days for the website to update
                          It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

Comment

It's working now, i checked the progress and they still haven't been delivered and these were posted Monday morning

Comment

could be there already...just taking their time updating the site?

Comment

Working...
                              X