GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Need Advice Please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice Please

Hoping someone can help me here.

Our next door neighbour's house belongs to a Housing Association who have been doing work on it.

Today, they have taken down scaffolding, but have left a huge scaffoling pole with my neighbour's satellite dish wired up and attached to it on MY property, in such a position we could easily injur ourselves exiting our back door, and actually resting on top of a 6ft high side gate so we cannot open it at all.

Alongside this they have deposited a significant amount of rubbish and unused building materials down the side of my house.

I have complained 2 hours ago to the Housing Association, along with an e-mail of complaint an hour ago pointing out the significant Health and Safety posed by this.

What I need to know is where I stand legally if I were to make the situation safe personally. Can I touch their equipment? What about cutting satellite cables to move the pole safely?

Any definite advice welcomed. If unsure, please make this obvious as I don't want to end up in trouble myself.

Thanks.

Re: Need Advice Please

Ring the scaffolding company and tell them to move it ASAP
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

remember as well...if YOU cut the cables etc then could sue you for criminal damage even though it's on your land (similar thing to us happened a couple of years ago..I attempted to cut something attatched to our gates/drive and they phoned the police to complain about me!!)

i'd speak as I2D suggested to someone at the housing office

Comment

I've done that once, sent an e-mail, but still no return phone call. I'll phone them again.

Comment

Has the scaffold pole got red & white plastic cover on it from about 6 foot down ? if not ask to speak to a Manager and say you will report them to Health & safety
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No, it hasn't. It's 12-15 ft long and would hurt if you walked into it. All that's on it is next doors satellite dish.

I've just spoken to someone at the Housing Association and they're contacting the surveyor overseeing the job now. I've said I'm not happy for it to be left like that when it goes dark due to the risk of injury to visitors.

Will let you know what happens.

Thanks all.

Comment

Hmm price of scrap metal on the increase now.....

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
                Hmm price of scrap metal on the increase now.....

Comment

Just been out to the front and they've left a live mains electricity cable at about my neck height running from my house to next door. This is bloody dangerous!

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                    Just been out to the front and they've left a live mains electricity cable at about my neck height running from my house to next door. This is bloody dangerous!
                    how do you know it's live ? have you touched it ?
                    They need reporting to health & safety

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                      how do you know it's live ? have you touched it ?
                      They need reporting to health & safety
                      It runs to and from our house and we've got electricity. One can only assume it is live! I've photographed everything.

Comment

Who's doing the work Housing Association or sub contractor ?

Comment

I assume an approved contractor, but I don't know who. Have been onto Housing Association, but am now going to contact electricity board.

Comment

About the live cable - phone Transco and tell them it could be leaking heavy electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                              About the live cable - phone Transco and tell them it could be leaking heavy electricity.
                              Why Transco ?

Comment

Working...
                              X