GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Keylogger Removal - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keylogger Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keylogger Removal

Guys n Girls,

Anyone know of a recommendation for a keylogger removal tool?

My wife had her hotmail account hacked on saturday and only just got it back today, however it has been hacked again and my guess is that there is a keylogger running in the background only problem is it is so well hidden that I do not know where to look or what I am looking for.

Is there a tool I can download and does anyone have any other advice on this subject.

I am running McAfee Secuity Suite, CCleaner and Malwarebytes

Regards

Re: Keylogger Removal

Can't recommend, but found these:-

http://www.tech-faq.com/how-to-remove-a-keylogger.html

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...0010243AA6U9ZD

Comment

Hate Mcafee with a vengance (along with norton!)

i've used microsoft security essentials (FREE) for a fair while now & that takes everything you can throw at it easily enough

Comment

im an avg lover.

Comment

Or Avira...(Free)

Comment

When I had something similar, I was using SpyBot amonst other things, and it kept coming back.

Next time I used SpyBot, I followed the registry link and deleted it manually.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oscar,

Thanks yes I have installed Spybot Search and Distroy on this machine today and it found a load of shite so I think it is ok now.

I will run it on the other 3 machines on my network.

Regards

Comment

I'm a bit late on this, but it's always wise to run malwarebytes etc in safe mode. Also you need to download a programme called rkill from bleepingcomputer.com.

Run rkill first and then the other programmes.
                Rkill will terminate anything running in the background that shouldn't be there.

A lot of spyware etc, will continue to run in the background, so even if found and deleted, will reinstall upon reboot...
                -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for raising the idea of Spybot Pompey. I downloaded it earlier this afternoon and ran the scan. Blimey it dig some rubbish out yet Norton (top of the bloody range) says everything is clear. There were 11 pieces of trouble in the browser section alone and we use the standard BT browser.

I did look at RKill chippy but haven't downloaded yet.

regards
                  Garlok

Comment

Garlok,

I run Spybot once weekly now and not had any further problems, remember to run the update regularly to get the latest definitions.

Regards

Comment

i ran spybot and it found nothing - :niddy
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                        My wife had her hotmail account hacked on saturday and only just got it back today, however it has been hacked again and my guess is that there is a keylogger running in the background
                        Which DCA do you suspect?

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                          Hi guys,

Thanks for raising the idea of Spybot Pompey. I downloaded it earlier this afternoon and ran the scan. Blimey it dig some rubbish out yet Norton (top of the bloody range) says everything is clear. There were 11 pieces of trouble in the browser section alone and we use the standard BT browser.

I did look at RKill chippy but haven't downloaded yet.

regards
                          Garlok
                          Hi Mate,

Definately download rkill, it works really well.
                          I find malwarebytes one of the better ones, but keep it updated.

Boot up in safe mode with networking, run rkill then malwarebytes.

Also try superantispyware......

Edit.

Avast free edition is very good as well..
                          Last edited by thechippy; 22 August 2011, 18:07.
                          -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Comment

Why not just load Win7 and then use Windows Essentials to run the security....

Easy life, never had a problem yet!

I hate these silly third party programs, most people don't realise that most of them are actually contained viruses in the first place, thus your Norton et al will log it as one!

Ho Hum!
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Why not just load Win7 and then use Windows Essentials to run the security....
                              Niddy,

I would love to use win 7 however there is the small matter of saving the funds first to buy a copy.

I am getting there and in one more month I will have saved the amount needed.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                              X