GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Problem with Scottish Power bill - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Scottish Power bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Scottish Power bill

Hi everyone, just wanting to run something by you.

My parents have just received their latest bill where it advises that their monthly payment is going to more than triple as they are £600 in debit!!!!

I have looked at their last couple of years bills and everything was ok and they were in fact £1000 in credit this time last year!!!!! According to my mum Scottish power reduced their monthly payments at that point because of that.

However, something seems to go wrong with their bill in August this year. Their electricity consumption for the period is more than 3 times what it normally is!! I thought maybe there was a mistake with the meter reading but all readings from then on seem ok and the meter at the moment is reading what it should be. They have smart meters, which I'm not really sure about, apparently means the meter can be read by Scottish Power without having to come out.

Does anyone have any idea what could be responsible for the reading making this huge leap in August?? Bearing in mind the period covered was summertime, plus my parents work 5 days a week. The latest period seems to be normal. They are going to phone Scottish Power, but are worried sick and I can't get my head round what could have happened here!!

Help!!!!!!

Re: Problem with Scottish Power bill

complain complain complain

SP are a shambles

did this to my son and wife, tried to triple payments, and it was all an"admin mistake" got compo

get them to phone customer services, and get through to someone a bit senior, don't waste time with a desk jockey

ask why, ask them to explain in detail
    ask them for a complete statement of account for this past year
    if you don't get that immediately

email the chief executive, tell the halfwit you are dealing with on the phone that you are going to do this

don't miss and hit the door, their abject stupidity knows no bounds

Comment

and use this

http://www.scottishpower.co.uk/your-...execution=e1s1

refuse to pay silly charges ringing 0845 etc

Comment

Thanks both of you!!

Have passed this info on, hopefully they will get it sorted. Have told them not to pay a penny more than their usual amount meantime.

Comment

aw these energy companies really get my back up! I hope you get it sorted Stressedoutmum.

Best
          SA
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks SA Gold

Have been reading through some of the threads and cannot believe what some people have had to put up with!! Shocking!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stressedoutmum View Post
              Thanks SA Gold

Have been reading through some of the threads and cannot believe what some people have had to put up with!! Shocking!!
              Yep. I'm a firm believer that all these errors (which strangely enough are to create a huge balance usually) are nothing more than a tactic to make it more difficult for customers to leave.

Cheers
              SA
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Yep, next thing you know, you'll be put on a payment meter

Comment

Working...
                X