GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Which Smoke Alarm? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Smoke Alarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Smoke Alarm?

Mine are due to be replaced, which ones have you got?

Which ones do you recommend and which ones to stay clear of?
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Re: Which Smoke Alarm?

I've removed the batteries on ours and switched off at the mains too

pain in arse beeping!!!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

My smoke alarm acts as an oven timer.......It tells me when my dinner's ready...

Another thread I'm banned from......
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        I've removed the batteries on ours and switched off at the mains too

pain in arse beeping!!!
        NIDDY!!!

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
        My smoke alarm acts as an oven timer.......It tells me when my dinner's ready...

Another thread I'm banned from......

Honestly you two!!

Comment

Thick as thieves
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
            Mine are due to be replaced, which ones have you got? Which ones do you recommend and which ones to stay clear of?
            I think you need different alarms to do different jobs. A smoke alarm only detects smoke which is fine for some areas of a property but a heat alarm is better in others. I always buy an alarm which has a light that comes on when the alarm is triggered. If you have a power outage (caused by a fire) you need to be able to see your way out of the house. I also thoroughly recommend a carbon monoxide alarm not just if you have a gas boiler but because carbon monoxide poisoning can be caused by wood burning stoves and indoor BBQs etc.

I get all mine from B & Q after advice from my local fire officer. They even have a "toast proof" alarm too

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/content/k...oCookies=false

Comment

Brilliant, thanks planB......just the job

I have a carbon monoxide alarm, just in case!!

Comment

I've removed the batteries on ours and switched off at the mains too pain in arse beeping!!!
                In which case get yourself a small fire extinguisher to keep in the kitchen. You life has got to be worth more than £16.98.

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/safety-se...skuId=12979286

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  In which case get yourself a small fire extinguisher to keep in the kitchen. You life has got to be worth more than £16.98.

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/safety-se...skuId=12979286
                  I'm a qualified chef, never used a fire extinguisher yet and have no intention to now - although in saying that, I suppose I should buy one for when poppy is in there

Comment

I'm a qualified chef
                    So that's where you get your bad language from

Comment

Comment

Bad? Moi?

Comment

I intended to post up a list of the Top Ten Causes of House Fires to remind us all that prevention is better than cure. I found myself reading the London Fire Brigade diary of incidents where I noticed some unusual reasons such as a crystal ball on a windowsill which caused the sun to set fire to the curtains and burn down the house

My favourite is a fire started by a bird dropping a lit cigarette butt in someone's house which goes to show that it's impossible to prevent all fires hence the need for a reliable smoke detector

http://www.london-fire.gov.uk/Latest...p#.UyMRaatFBjp

Comment

Working...
                          X